Nitro 4 Tec Replacement Motor Options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iDrift10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello, I have a Nitro 4-Tec 2.5. It's been sitting for years and the motor is shot. Want to buy a replacement motor that will just drop in. Anyone know what my options are? Thanks in advance.

You could get a trx3.3

You could throw an OS .21TM in it, you'd have to figure out what header to use.

Yea I was thinking of getting the 3.3 but if I'm gonna spend 100-150 bucks I was thinking I should go with a OS or a picco, something aftermarket. Because the 21tm is made for the revo will it bolt right into a 4 tec? I was looking at the OS 18 CVR but I don't see one with a correct style of crank shaft that I can use :( Trying to find guides on how people put motors in theirs but I'm having NO luck.

For 4-tec your best shot is a os 21tm. Picco .21's are nice too! Just pay attention to the crank characteristics and you should be good. And also os does make a shaft for .18 cvr's for your trx application. Look at tower hobby's or even ebay.

Traction Would Be Nice!!!

Yea I was thinking of getting the 3.3 but if I'm gonna spend 100-150 bucks I was thinking I should go with a OS or a picco, something aftermarket. Because the 21tm is made for the revo will it bolt right into a 4 tec? I was looking at the OS 18 CVR but I don't see one with a correct style of crank shaft that I can use :( Trying to find guides on how people put motors in theirs but I'm having NO luck.

The 2.5 motor mounts are the same as the 3.3r engine so the O.S 21tm will bolt into the 4 Tec but you may have some problems with the exhaust system because the headers are different and O.S does not make a header to fit into the 4Tec.

The Traxxas 3.3r engine is .20 engine so it is not that much smaller in Cubic Centimeters and will bolt right in. I have used the Traxxas Trade up program in the past and it saved a few bucks when I installed a 3.3 into my Revo 2.5 at the time I used my TMaxx 2.5 engine as a replacement and took the 2.5r out of the Revo then dropped it into my TMaxx.

Yea I ended up getting a 3.3, real happy with it. I got it for 98 bucks without trading in my old 2.5 so I couldn't pass it up, thanks for all the info and support though guys!

I've hear that the 3.3 is a great motor and many drag racers get this motor ported and will tuned with a pipe and can mace some miracles.

Back