NiMh chargers

• Thread starter Backtothefuture
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So got my GF's sister a starter kit monster truck, for her bday next month! just need to get her a charger and couple batteries.

Going to start off with some NiMhs, I wondered if anyone could recommend a 'cheap' NiMh charger?

I heard the SkyRC ones are decent.

I have had a search through the forum but wasn't confident.

Thanks for any help! (This is in the UK btw)

BTTF

so do you want a stand alone charger? like one she can just plug into your house outlets? Id say yes...

Thats everyone!

Yeah I am happy with whatever connectors it comes with as I can solder some Deans on there easily. One for house outlets makes most sense.

Going to get her a couple decent 4000mah packs so just don't want something that will destroy them, but equally she doesn't need something tooooo fancy.

so do you want a stand alone charger? like one she can just plug into your house outlets? Id say yes...

Thats everyone!

Yeah I am happy with whatever connectors it comes with as I can solder some Deans on there easily. One for house outlets makes most sense.

Going to get her a couple decent 4000mah packs so just don't want something that will destroy them, but equally she doesn't need something tooooo fancy.

Yea ,I don't use the charger for a electric motor ,I only use it for a few receiver batteries!...:cool:

With someone new and mostly charging nimh packs a simple charger (don't have to cycle through menus and functions) would be easier to use. Something like this would be a good starter charger https://www.modelsport.co.uk/skyrc-e450-charger-50w-4a-ac/rc-car-products/408411. A mutil function charger would definitely be better but the simplicity of just a button press and/or switch would be easier to use.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the helpful advice guys. I have picked the skyrc one to start with and see how she goes. If its not ok she can have mine and I'll get another one/take hers!

Appreciate the help everyone :thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

Back