Nice deal on DVD+R's....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
For all you DVD burnin fools....
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002KQRB4/ref%3Dnosim/101081219797-20/104-0204526-2387151]Velocity DVD+R 4.7GB 8x 100-pack Spindle - $26.99 Shipped - Amazon.com[/ame] :smoke:

What is the difference between the +R and the -R ... all these media formats are confusing.

Not really sure, to tell ya the truth.... lol I know the earlier DVD burners were
+ or - specific when it came to media you could use. I "think", most of the newer burners are capable of using both... I may be wrong...

The formats DO get confusing. My first DVD player was purchased because it could also do slide shows of .Jpgs burned on a CD disk. First time I had ever heard of being able to do that. Then a friend told me about + this, and - that, VCD, SVCD and a few other things I'd never heard of, so I ended up buying another player for that.
I'm covered on anything on disks now, but my mind is a total blur. If a burned disk won't play on one, it will play on the other.
The disks ImBroken has recommended will burn anything.

ImBroken is correct. Most burners can use the + or - media. I am not sure if there is a real difference between the + and -.

Some people have said that +R is slightly better for Video and -R will give greater compatibility with console DVD players. I personally have burnt video on both and can not see the difference. I can tell you that most of the newer DVD console players understand Burned DVD's then the older models. My rule of thumb usually is if it can play MP3's like most newer models can it will play burned video's most times. Now you will even see the player stating it will play DVD -R or +R and DVDRW.

Back