Next MT recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quicksleet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all. I am looking for some advise on my next MT 1/10 or 1/8 scale. I have a redcat blackout XTE pro, kyosho nitro stadium truck and a mini half 8. I was think about the Traxxas stampede 4x4 or the redcat Dukono. But then I came across the ARRMA Granite. I don’t really know anything about Traxxas or ARRMA. My budget is around $300. I will just be running around the parks and yard. Thanks for any advise.

Welcome in. I have 3 Stampede's, 2 4x4 and 1 2wd and I really like them. The 2 4x4 are unassembled kits running Hobbywing esc combo and 3s Lipo. Smokin fast....

Welcome in. I have 3 Stampede's, 2 4x4 and 1 2wd and I really like them. The 2 4x4 are unassembled kits running Hobbywing esc combo and 3s Lipo. Smokin fast....
Are the stampedes durable? Is there anything that needs upgrading out of the box?

They break just like anything but other than a brushless motor I haven't really upgraded anything as of yet. I jump around my hobbies so much that they don't get the attention they should. I am definitely going to upgrade the drive shafts..

I hada stampede a long time ago and I still recommend one. They are quick and durable. I've beaten mine ruthlessly and it kept coming back for more

With Traxxas do you change the plugs or just use different batteries for each r/c ?

I switched my plugs on my vxl slash to Dean's plugs. That's the plug on my lipos but the choice is yours. I've never had issues with Dean's plugs