newbie 3xle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theltz81

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I’m a newbie 3xle owner from south louisiana wondering if there are any aluminum shock rod ends for the lat 3xle to replace the weak plastic ones?

You're better off staying with the nylon rod ends than aluminum to give you a built in point of failure to prevent more damage to an expensive part.

You're better off staying with the nylon rod ends than aluminum to give you a built in point of failure to prevent more damage to an expensive part.
Good point! thanks

Good point! thanks
am curious, are you breaking many of them? so far on my LSTs havent broken one, but yours being brushless not nitro like mine kind of a whole different animal.
Thanks!

am curious, are you breaking many of them? so far on my LSTs havent broken one, but yours being brushless not nitro like mine kind of a whole different animal.
Thanks!
No, not at all. Just that one after running it hard straight into a swing set. Installed a bumper after replacing and never happened again. Just shredded one of my diffs though so a rebuild of those is on the horizon. ?

No, not at all. Just that one after running it hard straight into a swing set. Installed a bumper after replacing and never happened again. Just shredded one of my diffs though so a rebuild of those is on the horizon. ?
oh wow, blown diff, stuff most have been serious! in the nitro world anyway, they are probably the most bulletproof diffs made if shimmed and serviced periodically.
what part blew up? spider gears/cup? or ring and pinion gears?

Probably best to stick with stock then. I ran an aftershock many years ago and while I didn't bash it nearly as hard as I would have now (brushless really opened my eyes to what you can do), I did run it a lot and rarely had issues with the shocks.

My biggest issues with it were the two speed (not applicable to electric) and snapping the chassis rails from hard flat landings. That got old pretty fast as it's a PITA to replace the rails every other weekend. I sorted out a fix for that too by making a plate to tie the front/center together.

I don't know what the current xle springs are, but the RC Raven dual rates were a nice upgrade over stock or the yellow springs. Kind of a happy medium between the softer black springs and stiff yellow ones that Losi offered at the time. They have a few colors, I just went with black:
http://rcraven.com/search.php?Search=&search_query=lst+springs

oh wow, blown diff, stuff most have been serious! in the nitro world anyway, they are probably the most bulletproof diffs made if shimmed and serviced periodically.
what part blew up? spider gears/cup? or ring and pinion gears?
yea well this model is kind of known for the diffs shredding due to lack of shimming and diff oil from factory along with the power of 6s batteries. I was waiting for it to happen cuz I knew it was common. Not sure the extent of damage yet cuz I have not taken it apart as of yet. Just ordered all of the rebuild parts and SHIMS. I will rebuild front and back diffs while I have it apart.

Probably best to stick with stock then. I ran an aftershock many years ago and while I didn't bash it nearly as hard as I would have now (brushless really opened my eyes to what you can do), I did run it a lot and rarely had issues with the shocks.

My biggest issues with it were the two speed (not applicable to electric) and snapping the chassis rails from hard flat landings. That got old pretty fast as it's a PITA to replace the rails every other weekend. I sorted out a fix for that too by making a plate to tie the front/center together.

I don't know what the current xle springs are, but the RC Raven dual rates were a nice upgrade over stock or the yellow springs. Kind of a happy medium between the softer black springs and stiff yellow ones that Losi offered at the time. They have a few colors, I just went with black:
http://rcraven.com/search.php?Search=&search_query=lst+springs
cool, thanks ??

Back