New xmaxx- which smart lipos/charger to go with?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm thinking come tax time I may want to get another monster truck and I'm thinking of going with an xmaxx widemaxx. Can anyone suggest good lipos and charger? I see alot of guys running big batteries for longer run times. This has always been a issue with me for electric and just want a good combo to use with long run times. I'd like to go with smart charger and lipos this time around
Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Don't go with "Smart" chargers and LiPos, they have a lot more things that can go wrong compared to "non-smart" chargers and LiPos. A Hota D6 Pro would be a good choice, CNHL and Liperior make some good LiPos.

Don't go with "Smart" chargers and LiPos, they have a lot more things that can go wrong compared to "non-smart" chargers and LiPos. A Hota D6 Pro would be a good choice, CNHL and Liperior make some good LiPos.
Thanks I have a dual.lipo charger now but someone told me smart was the way to go. I just want aome good batteries cause my last electric 8s experience wasny so good. The llipos didn't last long. Maybe 10 min in my kraton 8s. They were zeee 100c 5000mah

Buying a smart charger and smart batteries is not a cure for run times. The only cure for that is buying good LiPo's with higher mAh. And the smart batteries are no better than mediocre batteries you can get from Amazon. Buy CNHL, Liperior, or Zippy batteries, and if you want more run time, buy higher than 5000mAh. But more mAh means bigger, heavier batteries. So it is a bit of a tradeoff. 10 minutes run time for a basher isn't too bad really. But good batteries can imorove that a bit. Zeee are not what I would consider a good battery.

Last edited:
Buying a smart charger and smart batteries is not a cure for run times. The only cure for that is buying good LiPo's with higher mAh. And the smart batteries are no better than mediocre batteries you can get from Amazon. Buy CNHL, Liperior, or Zippy batteries, and if you want more run time, buy higher than 5000mAh. But more mAh means bigger, heavier batteries. So it is a bit of a tradeoff. 10 minutes run time for a basher isn't too bad really. But goid batteries can imorove that a bit. Zeee are not what I would consider a good battery.
lol i know the smart technology won't give it longer runtimes, but those 5000 are all I had at the time. I was jw if people had good experiences with them and if I should get them or stay away. I've heard ppl say they're awesome and that they're better quality which might end up giving it longer run times. I've had some expensive lipos not last very long and some cheap ones last longer.

I've always had good luck with Zeee.
But then again as I mentioned in another thread, I give out before my lipo's do.

When Grey's LiPo comparison thread was still up, the Zeee batteries didn't fare well at all in his tests.

What were some of the best (in 2s 5-6000 mAh)?

What were some of the best (in 2s 5-6000 mAh)?
CNHL, Liperior, and Zippy. I have a friend in the UK who does a lot of extensive battery testing and he swears by the CNHL batteries as well. He said with all brands he has tested, you get some good ones and bad ones. But CNHL has been the most consistent across the board.

I strongly agree with staying away from 'smart' chargers. Seems like a gimmick to get you to buy overpriced batts and chargers.

So far I like the gensacearespammers basher series in the Xmaxx the best. The Zees are good for the price but don't have near the punch of the gensacearespammers. I guess it depends on your budget cause the gensacearespammers sure are pricey.

I have a set of 4s zee 9000mah's that give me an hour and a half of hard bashing. gensacearespammers 6800mah gives me a little under an hour of runtime.

I want to try the Cnhl's. I've seen a lot of positive reviews but they don't seem any cheaper than the gensacearespammers's.

CNHL, Liperior, and Zippy. I have a friend in the UK who does a lot of extensive battery testing and he swears by the CNHL batteries as well. He said with all brands he has tested, you get some good ones and bad ones. But CNHL has been the most consistent across the board.
Thank you!

Back