New TT01D!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliejp

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here she is! Chitty job on the paint. Tried to carbon fiber with some old rattle cans. Still looks allright I guess, just not what I wanted. Try try again! Drifting is a lot more fun with electric but about the time I figure something out, the battery dies. lol

th_100_0512.jpg

th_100_0513.jpg

th_100_0514.jpg

th_100_0515.jpg

:D:p::D

nice ride for sure!!! paint dont look bad...I've always liked the tt01..

that problem can be easily solved....get another battery an it dont look that bad

the wheels really help it out imo.

Nice ride man! You should definitely buy a ball bearing kit and an aluminum main shaft. Some other things you can get is an aluminum motor mount (Plastic one tends to melt) and threaded alu. shocks. Have you adjusted your differentials yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I used this tutorial to tighten my front diff. I used 2mm pieces of tubing. It works great. My only problem now is the motor/esc. It only has full throttle and it's real glitchy everywhere in between. Not sure why, have'nt dealt with electric before.

I did set the esc like described in the instructions. I'm making a list for tower because they have adjustable tie rods as an upgrade and the turnbuckles did come adjustable.

Thanks for the replys guys. I'm really diggin this car. I've got 4 batteries and a hot charger.lol

Last edited:
Yeah, you should get that fixed. Having only full throttle for drifting is very hard to control your car. Are you planning on changing any of the electronics soon? If so, I'd fix the ESC first. That motor is great for drifting, but if you really want to go hardcore you can get a 15T ESC and then get the Yokomo D1MN 15T motor. Great motor for the price. If you've got cash, you can go brushless too!

Would that problem be in the esc? Like I said, this electric stuff is new to me. I really should be trying to conserve but I prolly won't. I've got bad habits!lol

charliejp said:
It only has full throttle and it's real glitchy everywhere in between.

Well, it could be anywhere in the electronics. If your servo works fine, then it probably is the ESC. It shouldn't be glitchy when at 1/4, 1/2, 1/8, etc. throttle.

Whats another $100? I figured I'd be upgrading anyways.