New truggy engine clutch ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you running it? Track or just bashing?

If just bashing, just pick up a decent alloy 3-shoe set with 1.0 springs.

Just for bashing and I want speed to. What will be a good motor upgrade to? I want spend between 100-200 $ range

LRP 28 S3 has decent RPM's and plenty of power for a truggy. $170. You could go 30 S4/32 S4 as well, but while adding power, probably losing RPM's and fuel economy.

I've had 4 or 5 28 Spec 3's and I think my 30 in my savage is a spec 2. Not sure what the "spec 4"'s have that mine don't.

Anyway, LRP makes decent engines that last a very long time when cared for that aren't overly expensive.

I Have an 8ight T that started out as the gas version. I couldnt get the LRP.28 to fit it because the backplate is too big. and I didnt want to cut/grind anything. The engine mount I have is very short and the botom of the starter backplate with OOB hangs below it. I put a Lrp.32 in it with a blank backplate and use a starter box. It is very fast but overall drives poorly. I would suggest using a Losi clutch/bell because it is the right length to fit. It is a 4 shoe clutch and works well.

Last edited:
Werks makes a VERY cool clutch kit! I recommend you check them out before you make a decision. They have a specific tool that goes with the kit. It is required, so don't forget. They have different springs, shoe material types and hardneses. Def check them out!

http://www.werksracing.com/proclutch.html
They are also available with different diameter and weight flywheels. You can contact them directly and they can walk you thru any and all questions.

I want to pick one up at some point... I'll put it on the lost of All the other things I want when I stop buying all the things I don't want!

A decent 3 shoe set will do you fine. See whether you're happy with it standard first, of course :)

Back