NEW. Traxxas rally 4x4 BL-2s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro the Lukes are goin‘ crazy over this. Why not just buy a roller and make it brushless? Y’all are always hating on RTR electronics anyways

Idk why yall hyping up so much over this. Its just an ordinary trashy traxxas like always. Trashy as in the electronics, car is good, electronics are bad. Just get a roller.

It looks so
nope. heavy duty all the way.
Idk why yall hyping up so much over this. Its just an ordinary trashy traxxas like always. Trashy as in the electronics, car is good, electronics are bad. Just get a roller.
put the bl-2s in a gorgon.... and, the rally is legit.
Bro the Lukes are goin‘ crazy over this. Why not just buy a roller and make it brushless? Y’all are always hating on RTR electronics anyways
cause this is NEW!!!

You Lukes ought to get a Sl4sh Ultimate and mount Rally tires, body posts, bumpers & body and call it a “Rally Ultimate”.
That’s what I told ‘em Lukes! Just, not the “Traxxas trash”.

Wasn’t the rally discontinued before this came out?
yes, it was. not for long though. more like a month. same time as the Erevo and Summit.
You Lukes ought to get a Sl4sh Ultimate and mount Rally tires, body posts, bumpers & body and call it a “Rally Ultimate”.

That’s what I told ‘em Lukes! Just, not the “Traxxas trash”.
those are stupid expensive.

I'm not so sure your $200 'upgrade' radio has proven it's value either... you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Arms, drive shafts and links are shorter on the Rally vs the Slash.

Last edited:
Arms, drive shafts and links are shorter on the Rally vs the Slash.
You can put rally parts on a slash 4x4. I seen people convert slash into rally and rally into slash easily.
I'm not so sure your $200 'upgrade' radio has proven it's value either... you pays your money and you takes your chances.
It's not the radio,.it's the firmware, so it's RadioLinks issue. Not mine. I knew I should have went in debt and got that 900 dollar 10PX radio from Futaba. :doh:

When I bought it, RadioLink was a good brand, but over the last 3 months they went down hill as their customer service is AI bots so they only catch key words and don't know what we are taking about. And I been trying to get a hold of a real person and talk them into fixing the firmware issues because it's been going on for 3/4 plus months. Not my fault I can't time travel to the future and see the issues with the radio before I bought it. :rolleyes: So I learned a lesson to not upgrade the firmware on electronics, unless it is a forced update on let's say a phone, smart TV or PC.
Normal price of the 8X is 330 bucks. I got it on sale for prime day for 255. So inorder to get good electronics, you have to pay over hundreds of dollars. Lesson learned. Same can be said with the new rally RTR with the tq radio and slow brushless system. So that's why I been looking at rollers and save money rather than rtrs. Just.my thing but whatever.

If Traxxas didn't exist than I would be a whole lot.nicer. 🤣
I got 99 problems but my losi and associated aint one.

Last edited:
You can put rally parts on a slash 4x4. I seen people convert slash into rally and rally into slash easily.

It's not the radio,.it's the firmware, so it's RadioLinks issue. Not mine. I knew I should have went in debt and got that 900 dollar 10PX radio from Futaba. :doh:

When I bought it, RadioLink was a good brand, but over the last 3 months they went down hill as their customer service is AI bots so they only catch key words and don't know what we are taking about. And I been trying to get a hold of a real person and talk them into fixing the firmware issues because it's been going on for 3/4 plus months. Not my fault I can't time travel to the future and see the issues with the radio before I bought it. :rolleyes: So I learned a lesson to not upgrade the firmware on electronics, unless it is a forced update on let's say a phone, smart TV or PC.
Normal price of the 8X is 330 bucks. I got it on sale for prime day for 255. So inorder to get good electronics, you have to pay over hundreds of dollars. Lesson learned. Same can be said with the new rally RTR with the tq radio and slow brushless system. So that's why I been looking at rollers and save money rather than rtrs. Just.my thing but whatever.

If Traxxas didn't exist than I would be a whole lot.nicer. 🤣
I got 99 problems but my losi and associated aint one.
…and yet you own TWO Traxxas vehicles lol

…and yet you own TWO Traxxas vehicles lol
Cause I can't seem to get rid of them, and no one wants them in my area, cause I only do local pick up for big stuff like that. Plus I won't get my 2 thousands dollars worth of moneys back. 🤣

I haven't seen any of the Rally parts (Arms, links, drive shafts), on Jenny's RC, but that may change now.

Diffs, bulk heads, center shaft are same as Slash. I replaced the clutch setup with a center differential on mine.