NEW Traxxas BL-2s Brushless System

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder

Attachments

• NEW BL-2s Brushless Power System.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
  • NEW BL-2s Brushless Power System Traxxas.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
sadly we will have to wait a while to get one. they still are (according to the traxxas website) coming soon.

Edit: you can actually get a slash or rusty RN, you just gotta wait for the rally :doh:

Last edited:
sadly we will have to wait a while to get one. they still are (according to the traxxas website) coming soon.
They’re hyping it up. On the bright side, the Stampede has a cooler body, clipless system, Extreme HD kit installed, and sledgehammer tires. Can’t say I’m not exited for the Rally come out, although I think there should also be a VXL-3s version.

I jjust wanted to look, as I'm not really in the market... my Hoss (same chassis as Rustler/Stampede) already has the HD drive line, (3s) brushless, and clipless body.

My Rally has been upgraded with brushless and a center diff, vs the factory slipper, but a clipless body could be nice.

it will be on shelfs for X-mas in 1 month.fake

Those little 4-Tec 3.0 hot rods always tempt me when I'm at the store (2 for $299), but so far I've resisted... same for the TRX-4M... but one day they're gonna have a Ford truck body version, and... :happy:

They’re hyping it up. On the bright side, the Stampede has a cooler body, clipless system, Extreme HD kit installed, and sledgehammer tires. Can’t say I’m not exited for the Rally come out, although I think there should also be a VXL-3s version.
i agree....

but how could you NOT be exited for a RALLY! i guess I'm just a rally kinda guy, but a Vxl would be cool, i wonder what would keep me from slapping a 3s esc in there.......

Edit: traxxas was sneaky. they made a new motor plug so you have to use the bl-2s esc and motor together, you would have to rewire the plugs to change the esc, like i said, sneaky.

Sneaky traxxas indeed.

Last edited:
Woot! I knew it was coming sooner or later. The line-up needed a pretty decent refresh and this is perfect! @luke66 way to go! The leak was on point!

Proprietary plugs aren't new, every manufacturer has to choose one style, or, like Traxxas, create their own. I can't imagine swapping out the 2S ESC, but keeping the motor, or vice versa. If I was gonna upgrade it'd be both.

I put a 3s/3500Kv system in my Rally, but I mostly run it on 2S since the area I run on isn't huge, and the 2S provides all the speed I need for the short straights.

Proprietary plugs aren't new, every manufacturer has to choose one style, or, like Traxxas, create their own. I can't imagine swapping out the 2S ESC, but keeping the motor, or vice versa. If I was gonna upgrade it'd be both.

I put a 3s/3500Kv system in my Rally, but I mostly run it on 2S since the area I run on isn't huge, and the 2S provides all the speed I need for the short straights.
i thought this 2s system would be just enough for realism.

Just my opinion but it looks like the Stampede might be a slower (and cheaper) duplicate of the Hoss. They're even using the same clipless Rustler style system. I'd get one and immediately slap in a VXL6S/2200kv.

90076-4-Hoss-4x4-VXL-Front-3qtr-R-GREEN.jpg

67154-4-Stampede4x4-3Qtr-Front-GRN.jpg

Edit: Sorry for all the edits. Revised my post as I read more information.

Last edited:
I dislike the vented motor.
Agreed. Usually vented BL motors I seen are mostly for race stuff which doesn't get wet or that much dirt in them.
I wonder if this is the same ones going in the 2wd lineup? Or would they still have the og xl5 for the 2wd lineup?

Back