New to boats

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got an impulse 31. I took it out already running 2x 2s lipos, it is a blast. I took it in and realized there was still water in the colling tubes, which run throughout the esc and motor. I was wondering is that would cause some damage.

Also I was reading about greasing, but I didn't understand it. Can someone clear up what to grease and with what

The water in the tubes goes through what is called a cooling jacket and is similar to what is on your 1:1 car's engine. There really isn't any problem on that at all. As far as greasing goes, it's usually done to the stuffing box, the point where the prop shaft goes through the hull. this is to keep the shaft turning freely and also to keep water from entering the hull.

Sitting the boat on its stern overnight will allow the water to drain. Blowing out the cooling tubes with air also works.
It's not really a problem unless you picked up some gunk and it dries out in there.

It's best to remove the flex cable when greasing it. ProBoat sells it in a tube and AquaCraft has it in a small tub, it stinks like an oil refinery but works great. Wipe off your cable usually after a day's run then apply a fresh coating of it to the cable then it will be ready for your next outing plus it will get rid of any water that got in there.
In a pinch, any grease is better than nothing, even trailer lithium bearing grease will do if that's all you can get.

Back