New T-MAXX....aaarrrrgghhh!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the SuperMaxx is a true 10th scale? For some odd reason I honestly thought that they were 8th scale. My failure to thoroughly research this topic has left me looking silly. Well like they say, be humbled by your mistakes.

Humble I am ;)

Answer this question...what size parts do you use on the SuperMaxx? They are 1/10 scale parts...you can use 1/8 scale in some areas, but for the most part they are 1/10 scale. That being said, the truck must be a 1/10 scale truck; thus my comparison to the Suburban. I haven't found anywhere official that states it is a 1/10 scale...I just used a little logic and common sense...I may be proven to be wrong, but I think not...

I guess it was the 8th scale parts that threw me off. I mean it is possible to run some 10th scale parts on an 8th scale vehicle but how many that will last. Aside from the battery and rx box hehehe.

Like I said, I just didnt have my facts straight.

But the Super still looks like the cats meow doesn't it????

It is a hot looking truck no matter what the scale...IDK's pictures in the other forum make me that much more anxious to get mine going.

Well...I took my argument before whomever answers Unlimited Engineering's E-Mail (MonsterMaxx), and he fired back this "I consider it 1/8th scale". So I guess it is I who should be humble.

That HPI looks like a serious balls to the wall machine! No joke there!

Sky - guess we will be both building an 8th scale Super ;) Those things are MEAN! I'm a little concerned about the weight, but with the big .24's around these days, they should push them with no problem. Lets keep in touch on this topic in the Super Forum as I will be looking for some good advice before I drop this kind of loot!

I still maintain that it is 1/10 scale...despite what MonsterMaxx says...I will happily keep in touch and compare notes...I've estimated that I will spend about $2500 to get this thing together. That is causing me to consider spreading the build out over a couple of months, but I am an impatient man and may blow the whole wad in September...anyway. My first acquisitions will be UE's Stage 3 Nitro Chassis Kit and Stage 3 EXT Suspension Kit (Easy they stopped selling the 4 and made it the 3). I also looked at their RacerX Suspension Kits, but I think that might be an upgrade for a later date.

It did it again...double post...ignore...Christian please erase this one.

It's nice to get a big cash supplement once in a while...I get an annual bonus check for about $7500 each September until 2006.

Not much of a car maybe, but one hell of a toy...SuperMaxx here I come...:banana:

what amount of wonga do you think you will need to spend,to get the .21 you need or deserve?

XTM Conversion = 140 at most
.21 Engine - 175-275 depending

SuperMaxx is a whole new beast and certainly one to be wreckoned with. I have easily put 1,500 into my Maxx now and its not a .21 but its track legal. Its all in what you want ;)

Personally, I'm on my path of a SuperMaxx as well :banana:

I've easily got over a grand in mine and its only three months old. And its not a .21 either. But like Christian mentioned it is still track legal ;)

Since I am getting a Savage I dont even see the need to do a .21 conversion any more. I would like to keep my T race legal.

Well I would hope that HPI would do the right thing, also they are not new at this R/C thing so I dont see any big problems. I'll take my chances, that truck is too sweeeeeet :banana:

the only thing with any of the new rc trucks is will they take off,and have a good supply of hop ups.or will they fade away like some in the past.

Hpi has already done one good thing in my opinion, they made the rims and tires compatable with the T-maxx, which will give both the T and Savage more tire and rim choices, as are the bodies, and HPI makes very detailed great looking bodies so you will have more body choices for both. Also hpi has always had good aftermarket support so I can really see the Savage taking off much better then some of the others in its class.

Back