New Spektrum radio gear.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using that radio for a while. It's not bad. The roller/enter/select button is annoying, but otherwise I like it. I don't use it with any receivers that have sensors or anything. It's nice not worrying about busting of an antenna or having it unknowingly stick up in a chest camera's footage.

I put a receiver plug jack on it and wired in a 2S lipo to that jack, then made a receiver->2s charge adapter for it. The thing seems to last forever on a charge now vs even LSD NiMH's. Would have been useful if they thought about that a bit and let you set the alarm voltage for a lipo, but since it's on the screen, it's easy to pay attention to. I charge it up every 3 or 4 bash sessions.

I did goof up something inside though with the power switch. You don't click it really, just touching it turns the thing on. But that's my own fault. lol!

I have one too, that's the one thing that bothered me, it should have a lipo option. My Spektrum DX6 Air radio does, you would think their surface radios would also. Other than that, no complaints. Picky bunch aren't we. 😜

I use the DX5C also and the only thing I don't like about is where the power button is. If I have a handful of stuff I'm bringing in from my truck I always hit it by accident and I can hear it turn on.

I use the DX5C also and the only thing I don't like about is where the power button is. If I have a handful of stuff I'm bringing in from my truck I always hit it by accident and I can hear it turn on.

I was recommended to get that brand radio ,but I did extensive research on them an other brands like the Futaba an the
Sanwa ,really did like the Sanwa because it came with a servo which could have made a good throttle servo ,an I would
have bought it instead ,but I could not find it at a US store ,it was over seas!
I have a bunch of radio systems ,but these newer up to date systems are suppose to be much faster an the receivers
are suppose to handle more voltage for the newer HV servo's ,that is actually my problem ,I have a new HV servo that
I want to use ,but I have to get a new receiver battery like a LiFe or Lipo ,I had people tell me to do the Li-Fe an not
the Lipo!.. :cool:

I thought the DX5C pricewise was very reasonable and definitely works for what I use it for. I have several vehicles I use with it, also it's so simple to use.

I thought the DX5C pricewise was very reasonable and definitely works for what I use it for. I have several vehicles I use with it, also it's so simple to use.

I think all in all ,it is a damn good deal for a quality radio system ,as in if one would put out money for a low budget
system in which they are a slower system ,may as well just purchase a better high end one for a few dollars more!
They have a faster response rate an demand inputs are precise an instant ,well worth the extra money!
I will try to shoot another vid. later on I start digging into it ,this is my first high in system ,but I have friends
that have these ,as well as the Futaba 4PM system which has a smooth & fast reaction time from finger tips
to the car!..The dinosaurs have to go!...:cool:

One of those things where it would be really nice if they had a PC->usb-xmitter interface to set those up. Would make it a lot less annoying when your setting up many trucks all at once.

Got it to bind ,but since I had to reverse the throttle servo ,I have to rebind for the
fail safe to work in the brake position ,if not ,it will go into full throttle if it loses
signal ,directions has a warning that is clearly high lighted!