New soldering station what do you use or like

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
X-Tronic #3020-XTS soldering station with 5 extra tips and a sucker lol Pick it up last week. Got to say I'm really loving it. Alot better then my old gun or pencil solder I was useing. Nice temp control and wand is very nice fit in hand and everything is in one place. I'm sure there's better ones out there. To be honest there a lot of different ones but for 50$ couldnt pass on it.
16254449213095148153268529826805.jpg

I use Weller, nothing fancy but it works.
That's a nice one Stoner.

I use Weller, nothing fancy but it works.
That's a nice one Stoner.
Thanks man I was looking for a few weeks. Got a few suggestions from grayWolf. And found this. For 39$ on sale from 69$ with everything you will need plus the extra tips. so couldnt pass on it. Its nice and convenient to have it all in one place.

I used to use a old gray Weller gun from my dad but it wasn't working to well anymore. It was time to up grade

I use a 1964 Heathkit 80 watt with 3 temp setting . with 60/40 solder and a good applied flux. water clean up. chisel tip

I use a 1964 Heathkit 80 watt with 3 temp setting . with 60/40 solder and a good applied flux. water clean up. chisel tip
Oh dam nice oldie but a goodie. They sure don't make anything like they used too thats for sure

I got 60/40 and 63/37 both rosin core. Both seem to work well. But that 63/37 really hardens fast boy got to be quick.

I'd picked this cheapo, no-name brand iron from Amazon late last year, and so far, I love it! It's 80W and adjustable up to 842°F in about 15sec. Used this to change so my connectors to XT90, and it had absolutely no problem. Couldn't be happier with a $16 product!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LNGN14L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_AQ494R53AVJFQYG2PP5N
Nice one! Hell yeah man 16$ sure as hell can't beat that deal. I like the digital temp read out on it. And your happy with it. That's what matters. Good job starting to change mine over to XT90s as well for 4s and the 60s for the 2s crap I got for the mini rev

X-Tronic #3020-XTS soldering station with 5 extra tips and a sucker lol Pick it up last week. Got to say I'm really loving it. Alot better then my old gun or pencil solder I was useing. Nice temp control and wand is very nice fit in hand and everything is in one place. I'm sure there's better ones out there. To be honest there a lot of different ones but for 50$ couldnt pass on it. View attachment 129086
can't beat that set up for the money man. Nice score!

I got 60/40 and 63/37 both rosin core. Both seem to work well. But that 63/37 really hardens fast boy got to be quick.
63/37 is what the electronics technicians at work use. They said 60/40 is fine if you can't get 63/37 but they said never use lead free solder. So thats what I set my compass by lol.

can't beat that set up for the money man. Nice score!

63/37 is what the electronics technicians at work use. They said 60/40 is fine if you can't get 63/37 but they said never use lead free solder. So thats what I set my compass by lol.
Got both of them 60/40 and 63/37. I just realized that the 63/37. Was very fast to harden. I couldn't tell you what is in the little tube that I've used for a long time before now LOL
16255129997363450482936910240232.jpg

I'm still using the Trakpower TK-950 i bought 10 years ago. Still works like a champ. Its a Hakko 936 clone. If this one bites the bullet before I do then I'm going to buy myself a nice Hakko or Weller station. Probably one with a solder reflow station built in.

The red PC fans on the left is my home made fume extractor. I adapted a power supply and a switch to some PC fans I had laying around. This way the fumes from the solder dont go straight up in my face.

The second pic is of my Chinesium solder reflow station. Mostly gets used for heat shrink cuz I dont do a lot of reflow work. That being said I have used it to fix more than one RROD on the old Xboxs when that was a common problem.

20210705_152151.jpg
20210705_155043.jpg

I'm still using the Trakpower TK-950 i bought 10 years ago. Still works like a champ. Its a Hakko 936 clone. If this one bites the bullet before I do then I'm going to buy myself a nice Hakko or Weller station. Probably one with a solder reflow station built in.

The red PC fans on the left is my home made fume extractor. I adapted a power supply and a switch to some PC fans I had laying around. This way the fumes from the solder dont go straight up in my face.

The second pic is of my Chinesium solder reflow station. Mostly gets used for heat shrink cuz I dont do a lot of reflow work. That being said I have used it to fix more than one RROD on the old Xboxs when that was a common problem.

View attachment 129126View attachment 129127
Nice set up bud looks good.

I picked up this little personal, rechargable fan from Walmart for about 5 bucks for the very exact reason.
InShot_20210706_070215072.jpg

I picked up this little personal, rechargable fan from Walmart for about 5 bucks for the very exact reason.View attachment 129170
Nice fan I love the color! I want to do my maxx 3.3 clear body bright blue with hot pink off sets flames or stripped something. Yeah I got a old box fan set up to the left of bench for that and other smoke out off my face.🤔😉😉🤪

Nice fan I love the color! I want to do my maxx 3.3 clear body bright blue with hot pink off sets flames or stripped something. Yeah I got a old box fan set up to the left of bench for that and other smoke out off my face.🤔😉😉🤪
lol, some smoke I dont mind in my face :hehe:

Back