New servo and esc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siclic

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi, say if I brought a new servo and esc how would I sync it with my remote? Do I need a compatible remote?
Cheers

no to compatible remote. you will need to plug in esc get servo to its neutral position then put servo horn on. then you will need the calibration instructions for That esc and go thru calibration mode. turn off the back on everything should work fine

Yep, most esc's have a calibration you have to do any time you connect it to a new receiver for throttle idle, wot, full brake. Once that's done, then you zero out your servo channel, center your wheels and put the servo horn on the servo.

Thanks Olds for repeating again what I have already posted..

Yep, most esc's have a calibration you have to do any time you connect it to a new receiver for throttle idle, wot, full brake. Once that's done, then you zero out your servo channel, center your wheels and put the servo horn on the servo.
What is wot, and what is the horn, I’m still learning mate, cheers

What is wot, and what is the horn, I’m still learning mate, cheers
WOT = wide open throttle/full throttle

The servo horn is the piece that mounts on the servo output shaft. When installing a new servo, you install the servo, power up the system, set the servo trim to zero, then you align the tires (or throttle linkage, for nitro engines), then put the servo horn on the output shaft. If you put the servo horn on the output shaft before powering it up/centering it the first time, you run the risk of the servo not being near home and causing damage when it is turned on.

Haha
Thanks grammar teacher
WOT = wide open throttle/full throttle

The servo horn is the piece that mounts on the servo output shaft. When installing a new servo, you install the servo, power up the system, set the servo trim to zero, then you align the tires (or throttle linkage, for nitro engines), then put the servo horn on the output shaft. If you put the servo horn on the output shaft before powering it up/centering it the first time, you run the risk of the servo not being near home and causing damage when it is turned on.
sweet, thanks heaps

Horn= is the arm that attaches to servo spline to move steering rack .. its on the wheel you push it when the driver infront is slow wish I had this option on the track lol.along with a firework to set off when there is a crash or pileup..

Horn= is the arm that attaches to servo spline to move steering rack .. its on the wheel you push it when the driver infront is slow wish I had this option on the track lol.along with a firework to set off when there is a crash or pileup..
Finally someone talking English, thanks man