New savox servo for my mini b (Savox sh-0255mg)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Got the new servo in. The servo does not fit with the upgraded aluminum losi one so I used one of the ones in the kit. I also made one of the holes bigger with my body reamer do fit the ball stud. The servo does mount on the stock mounts but with the servo so wide it puts the servo so back on the chassis and can't connect to the steering link to the rack. I am thinking about getting these Ebay custom mounts for the servo. Also these ball stud / pivot balls that connect the links together is kinda annoying and hard to get back on. This is probably my last planned upgrade for the mini b. Next upgrades will be anything that breaks and there is a better option for it. The only next thing I might get is a new chassis and chassis protector.

PXL_20221108_215810403.jpg

PXL_20221109_201540576.jpg

PXL_20221109_201600613.jpg

PXL_20221109_210637926.jpg

Got the servo at the hobby shop and they said it is not water proof which I am fine with. I really dont run the mini b through water. And also this is going to be my track car. I am not planning to run it on the street or outside much.

The owner of my local computer shop and hobby shop 3d printed me a mount. The only time I can go down to pick it up will be next Thursday so I should have the car running by next weekend.

IMG_20221110_153126_030.jpg

IMG_20221110_153133_040.jpg

IMG_20221110_153136_373.jpg

So the mount did not fit the servo or on the chassis which is ok. I am going to use the stock servo mounts and I am going to drill holes in the chassis to move the servo up more. He also showed me his 3d printer and a website called Thingiverse. Might want a 3d printer soon.

that's why having a piece of duhm or delrin works wonders with some skill and a Dremel tool and a few bits.

So the mount did not fit the servo or on the chassis which is ok. I am going to use the stock servo mounts and I am going to drill holes in the chassis to move the servo up more. He also showed me his 3d printer and a website called Thingiverse. Might want a 3d printer soon.
3D printers are awesome. Too bad you dont live closer to me, I have some for sale :)

Back