New rig or hop ups?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solly69

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I can't decide if i want to get a new rig 1/8 scale or hop ups for my 1/10

Theres a 1/8 that I've been looking at on ebay for quiet a while now and there isnt very long to go but i also want to rebuild the whole front and back ends of my 1/10 and can only afford to do 1 this forghtnight untill i get paid next forghtnight.

Should i go the new rig couse it wont be there for ever and the hop ups will be or go the hop ups and look for a new rig next forghtnight??

I'm thinking go the new rig but yea not quiet sure... advice??:\

Cummon guys i really need some advice here i dont know which way to go

Dude, forget the 1/10 and go with a new 1/8 MT......trust me, I have an
LST2 and I absolutely love it !!!!! Go for it, it'll be the best thing you ever did !!!!!!:thumbup:;):D

if i buy a 1/8 i will be buying a ROBITRONIC PROTOS
I would rather buy something a little bit cheaper and then spend money on upgrading it with better parts than buying 1 already top of the line to say like a LST 2

if i buy a 1/8 i will be buying a ROBITRONIC PROTOS
I would rather buy something a little bit cheaper and then spend money on upgrading it with better parts than buying 1 already top of the line to say like a LST 2

WTF is a 'ROBITRONICS PROTOS' ?:shrug: So then don't buy a brand new
LST2, I'm sure you could buy one off Ebay all day long pretty cheap !:D

I've never heard of em eather but i read about em on the site and they sounded half decent... but then again i dont really know much about rc yet ha

I've never heard of em eather but i read about em on the site and they sounded half decent... but then again i dont really know much about rc yet ha

Oh well, so much for that !:hehe: If you stay on here long enough , I'm sure that you will learn plenty from EVERYBODY here at RCNT !!!!! :bowtothercnt:

ill keep the 1/10 and use it for a project 1DAY
gonna get the 1/8 now

the ROBITRONIC site is mixxed with the LOSI site
from reading on here LOSI seem to be a common brand so I'm hopeing that i can trust it and if not ill stick it back on ebay or find something to do with it haha

I would get the truck that people know about not an off brand JMO. You just keep the truck you have now and dump a lot of money into it.

I would get the truck that people know about not an off brand JMO. You just keep the truck you have now and dump a lot of money into it.

Forget dumpning a lot of money into the 1/10 truck you have now and definatley go with the truck(brand) people know about, LOSI:first_place: and I guarantee you won't be disappointed ! DEFINATELY STAY AWAY FROM THE ROBITRONIC SITE !......which I NEVER even knew was 'mixed' with the LOSI site ?:shrug:

I'm gonna turn my 1/10 into a drifter...

I'm just kinda confused about how i will go because i want a new chassie but dont how to go compatabilitie wise with like screw hole allignment and that.... advice?

Last edited:
thanks for that post
after reading that review it made me feel a little bit better about my buggy.
although it isnt as good as quality as the mantis I'm hopeing that it would hold up near as good.

i will post a review after a few days of driving with it and let you guys know how it goes :)

who knows they could end up becomeing a good brand like LOSI and Traxxis.... although I'm not the biggest traxxis fan haha

every company has to start somewere and for them to become bigger and better someone has to buy there products... and well if its not that good of a kit then ill be able to advise all of use guys and use will know not to go with there products again haha

Back