New Remote Control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthewj1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, just wondering if I buy a new radio control for my condor pro do I just simply take the crystal out of my old one and place it into the new one ??

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're getting a new radio, I'd suggest getting a 2.4ghz system. You can get some decent setups for pretty cheap, and most are 1000 times better than 27mhz.

Okay thanks! Will I have to buy new crystals for the remote and car or can I still use the original ones?

Many thanks

The 27 MHz is the worst radio you can get. Crystals are not sim cards. You can't swap them anywhere you want.
Get a 2.4 MHz radio and receiver and you're golden.

If I got a 2.4 what would I have to do to the car? Is it as simple as unplug the old reciever and plug the new one in? Sorry to be a dull pain in the arse but I'm new to this stuff :D

Many thanks

Last edited:
Matthew,

You'd want to get a complete radio system and by that I mean both a receiver (what goes in your car) and transmitter (what you hold in your hand). You'd simply remove the current receiver and install in it's place the new receiver from your new radio system.

I like to recommend both the Futaba 3PL or Futaba 4PL radio systems, both can be had at very decent prices. You can also get both radio systems with new servo's included which you could use to upgrade your current servos in your Condor Pro.

It's the electro-mechanical unit moves your steering and your throttle/brake.

futm0031.jpg

Check ebay for good deals on transmitter and receiver sets. The Futaba mentioned above is great. I bought a Traxxas TQI set brand spankin new for 80 bucks on Ebay and its a great setup. Fully programmable, all the bells and whistles but no LED screen, its light, only uses 4AA's, and very affordable. There are certainly much better ones but for backyard bashing or on a budget ya can't beat it.

rcservo2.jpg

Thats a servo

Ahh right I understand now:) I've just taken my old receiver out of my car:) I now know how to replace the whole radio system:D thanks all

Many thanks