New Project, 1.9 Tire / Wheel Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindfaith429

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Working on a somewhat unusual build.

Have a X-Ray M18MT I want to convert to a crawler. It is a 4wd 1/18 scale truck.

I found a way to convert the unusual axles to a 12mm hex, if needed, but I may not need to.

The factory proprietary wheels may be the right size to use 1.9" tires.

The wheels measure 1.875" diameter inside the groove where the bead rides from the tired. I can't find any info on 1.9" wheels giving their diameter other than 1.9", but I don't know where that measurement is, or if that is a rounded number.

The stock wheels are 1.1" from center-of-bead to center-of-bead, and 1.340" wide overall.

I can't imagine the stock tires are any good for crawling. The outside diameter (over tread) is only 2.780" (mounted on the wheel), so they have very short side walls. Overall width is 1.560" (again, mounted).

Factory X-Ray wheels can be found, but a little pricey. Though not as expensive as nicer 12mm 1.9" beadlocks. So running stock wheels with 1.9" crawler tires MAY be an option.

I think the 12mm adapters + 12mm beadlocks will make the overall width increase through, so that may be a pro.

Any advice / help would be super appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quick update.

After doing some looking and some talking with people, 1.9" tires are going to be too big.

I decided to go with some 1.55" beadlocks, and I found some tires that are a smidge larger in diameter (about 3" vs the stock 2.76"). I will have to go with the 12mm hexes, but that's okay.