New nitro truck HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And again why does the revo cost more than the x4.6

Its costs more because its traxxas's best monster truck .. its their first truck with that style of suspension and its got reverse. It does have a failsafe stock. its got the most advanced suspension out of the whole list.

How ever the savage XL has the largest engine. Like a user said on here he has had no problems with his 5.9 so I'm sure youll be fine with that motor.

I'm gonna go ahead and say go with the savage XL, its big, fast, tough, and just a bad ass truck.

I bought the Savage X SS which didnt come with servos so I had to waterproff mine myself but thats cool the RTRs come with them. I am running the X SS with an OS .30VG in it.

The only thing good about the Revo IMO is that it handles well because it has a lower center of gravity. My overall opinion of them though is that they arent worth the money.

Last edited:
The only thing good about the Revo IMO is that it handles well because it has a lower center of gravity. My overall opinion of them though is that they arent worth the money.

I'm not gonna go that far. They are worth the money if you are a racer. They are a great base vehicle for their class of race truck :first_place:. They are built for speed and control. They can't, however, hang with the Savy for bashing and jumps overall. Like many on this thread have mentioned, the Sav is built like a tank (eg. https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100492).

Just my $.02

Last edited:
Wich engine is the best:
HPI F4.6
HPI K5.6
Traxxas 3.3

All of these engines are RTR engines and I wouldnt say any is better than the other they are all just different.

The 3.3 is pretty easy to tune and also a little more forgiving if you fail to tune it properly. The 5.9 is a pain to tune and will most likely require sealing it and also finding a good combo of fuel and glowplug to suit your needs. The 4.6 is prolly the best all around RTR mill that I have experience with. It tunes well and makes great power without any real mods to it.

I'm not gonna go that far. They are worth the money if you are a racer. They are a great base vehicle for their class of race truck :first_place:. They are built for speed and control. They can't, however, hang with the Savy for bashing and jumps overall. Like many on this thread have mentioned, the Sav is built like a tank (eg. https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100492).

Just my $.02

The problem with that is almost no one races MTs anymore. Now back in the day when it was more of a popular race class then Id be more inclinded to agree with you.

On traxxass webpage they say the revo 3.3 is the best mt. Now, is it the best Traxxas MT or the WORLDS best MT?

On traxxass webpage they say the revo 3.3 is the best mt. Now, is it the best Traxxas MT or the WORLDS best MT?

They've won a few titles, but not with a "out of the box" revo. There's handy guides and tips on how to get great performance out off it thought. And for every upgrade I make on mine I do feel its getting better and my pals at the track are getting sweaty :D

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

i have heard somebody say that their revo is breaking every time they run it

i never had problems with my revo when i had it..it fired up everytime..and took a HELL of a beating

i have heard somebody say that their revo is breaking every time they run it

All things break sooner or later depending on how you treat it.

The only thing that ever broken on mine is the engine, only because I beat it like a bad dog and ran to lean :doh:

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

No the 4.6 doesn't come with reverse. Reverse makes transmissions weak. I have had all three of the trucks you're looking at. If you want a tough truck that can take a brutal beating and still come back for more either one of the Savages will do quite nicely. The Revo is a fun truck but every time I took mine out something broke. I sold the Revo to my neighbors kid across the street. He thought it would be cute to play a game of chicken with my Savage XL. I wound up with a broken shock shaft, He wound up cleaning the whole right side of the Revo off. I'm talking suspension arms driveshafts wheel and tire. He was done for the day I kept on bashing.

The only thing that I broke on my Revo was the reverse. I beat on it like a red-headed stepchild so it is fairly tough.

reverse on the savages is a waste. Many have said b4 it was made for the toqrue of the old .21, and it tends to grenade itself. complete waste of time and effort to keep it going.. but some still like it as a novelty.

Just know its not something that is bash proof like most oof the things that are on the savage.

I tryed the savage xl at one of my friend and we had some engine problems at the start and the jumps didnt look so great so i disided to buy the HPI SAVAGE X4.6

Thanks a lot for helping me outl.

Oh yes nearly forgot. Wich nitrofuel should i use.

I run 30% with a mccoy mc8 plug in all of my rigs and love it.

Back