New LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered mine. :D Hopefully shipping doesn't take too long. Will probably need to buy another one for the aftershock once it's completed.

I thought about ordering 2 just to have an extra in case they go out of stock again being as it took so long to come back.

Not sure, I had been looking for about two months, but everyone I asked about them said they have been out for a while.

Shock socks were in the mailbox today. Here are some pics,

2012-02-21171502.jpg

2012-02-21193545.jpg

2012-02-21195104.jpg

2012-02-21194934.jpg

Layed out
2012-02-21193529.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! Let me know how you like those dual rate springs, thinking of picking up some myself.

Well had it running pretty good today, had it wheelie onto it's lid a couple times. Bounced off a curb at 46 and hit me in the leg, about made land on my rear. Still need to tune it some, I'm pretty sure it was running a little lean. What plug do yall recommend? I am running a Traxxas one right now because the one that came with it wouldn't light.

Ouch, the weight of that beast probably damn near broke your leg! You didn't break nothing hitting that curb?

Not a thing!! I thought for sure I would have but all I got was some curb rash on two wheels and some crinkles in the body, it also took a few tumbles at high speeds while I was running it in the field by my LHS. I can't wait till I get my roll bar. I also had to get angry with Losi about my servo, Horizon told my LHS that they were sending the servo for free and when it showed up they charged them so the delivery guy kept it and they were supposed to have straightened it out and have it today but it never showed, they are sending one to my house.

I jumped mine and hit myself in the hip with it once. I'm a big guy and that not only damn near knocked me over but it hurt like crazy lol. I dont recommend that unless you want hip replacement surgery :p

Looks nice I like those socks....really gives a nice look to the stock shocks. I dont like the look of the black shocks. I've never ran with a roll bar on either of my kits. Let me know how those work out for ya. Id be interested to hear.

I read somewhere that guys have snapped chassis rails when landing the truck directly on its top. I'm assuming because the engine on these sits higher than the shock towers, allowing the chassis to flex. Hopefully good driving and a roll bar will prevent this.

Well, I may not have "broken" anything when I hit that curb yesterday but I'm pretty sure I weakened my shock shaft. I slid in some mulch at the playground and bumped a pole, when I was heading back I saw my spring go flying off, good thing I had the sock on it or I wouldn't have noticed. I have a set of Losi's TiNi shafts on order, too bad Lunsford doesn't make titanium shafts.

Wow, that came quick!
IMG_1700.jpg

Installation was very quick also...
IMG_1702.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that came quick!
IMG_1700.jpg

Installation was very quick also...
IMG_1702.jpg

AAhh, you beat me to it.....in my own thread!!!!:D Mine looks just like yours, just with a little bit more awesome.

Well I got mine today as well, I also got my replacement servo and installed it.

Yep, you have officially been booted off your own thread and I have taken over. :hehe:

---------- Post added at 9:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:57 PM ----------

Mine looks just like yours, just with a little bit more awesome.

No surprise there! :p:

How much did you pay for the extra Awesome???.........ROLEX, come put a stop to this!!!!Where he at when you need him!!

How much did you pay for the extra Awesome???.........ROLEX, come put a stop to this!!!!Where he at when you need him!!

It was included with the free shipping!!

I'm just :angry: that I have to wait until next week to drive it, stupid shock shaft. Well I am going to another LHS, so hopefully they have the shaft and a turnbuckle if not I will try JB-weld.

Well, hopefully I can drive it tomorrow. I've got the JB-Weld curing over night, hopefully it keeps my shock together for a week. I've got a set of aluminum shock bodies on their way from a guy on another forum, so I will wait until I get those to put the TiNi shafts on. What weight oil should I throw in there, should I stay with the stock 35 or go a little heavier?

IMO, I would go heavier on the oil. I was thinking about changing to 40-50 weight oil in my truck. I also do a lot of jumping, so 35 weight is too light for me.

i ran 50wt in my aftershock but the xxl is alot bigger, just trial and error to get it where you like it