New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to change to the supplied 15t pinion since I’m running 3s. I did the paper trick per the manual to mesh the gears But not sure if it’s too loose or ok. I don’t want to screw it up. Any comments welcome. I have a short video I wii try to post.
thanks
Bill B

couldn‘t get the video clip uploaded but here are a couple images.

Attachments

• 57D6C50F-AF12-4528-8EA9-2D9C88CB1186.png
    57D6C50F-AF12-4528-8EA9-2D9C88CB1186.png
    2 MB · Views: 351
  • 380483AC-DCBC-487B-B809-F51AE6F0E7DE.png
    380483AC-DCBC-487B-B809-F51AE6F0E7DE.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
Last edited:
I have always pushed it tight then backed off just a hair. Haven't stripped a spur gear in many many years

Ok well I took both my dbs out to the track today. My 3.0 setup db didn't run so well. Way to soft and it pushed a little.

The second one. Its running stock shocks with 37.5w oil front & rear with stock rear shock locations and running the front with the top all the way out and the bottom in the middle hole.
I am running 3.0 arms and the 3.0 15° carriers. It has a brushless savox servo too. Running a 13 tooth pinion. I put 17mm adapters on it and ran some 1/8 buggy blockage super softs. This thing was a beast on the track and had all the steering one could ask for. Guy at the track asked how to get his 8e 3.0 to turn like that. Lol. Diffs are 7k,10k,5k. It handled the jumps and rough stuff well. Stayed flat and well composed. Couldn't ask it to run better!

The 3.0 set up db kept lifting the front end on power and flopped around over the rougher sections. Its definitely in need of stiffer springs.

I ordered the ones for the 3.0. They look identical. Just hope they are harder. The guys at the track are not wearing theirs out as fast and they have the scte 2.0 and 3.0s. Guess we will see.

Hoping to go back to the track on Sunday. They said they redid the track. Said to expect much more air with the new configuration ?

I ordered some new tires and 3.0 springs to hopefully get the db 3.0 to perform at least as good as my other db

Got the tires and springs. Now I just need to get out to the track and test it out.

Attachments

• 20200131_200033.jpg
    20200131_200033.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 20200131_200047.jpg
    20200131_200047.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 329
  • 20200131_200134.jpg
    20200131_200134.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 289
My red db is getting cleaned up from the mud bath it took out at the track last weekend.
The new layout of the track is crazy. Lots of very LARGE jumps. Broke the top front shock mount screw twice and came home to find the front diff case broke. can't believe I broke the diff case ?

Attachments

• 20200201_201556.jpg
    20200201_201556.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 264
I went out and drove my arrma kraton 4s today. After driving my dbs the kraton 4s feels like a pig. Even with the servo upgrade, servo saver upgrade, steering assembly upgrade, and turnbuckle and end upgrades it's still a pig. I finally have it where it doesn't take the whole yard to turn around but it's a handful to drive. If there was any vehicle that needed a center diff it's that one.
Today's bash session made me appreciate how good the tenacity pros really are.

Took the db pro to the scate park today. This thing flys so well. Easy to control. Got to full back flips out the bowl. Was launching 25+ft up and it handled it with no issues. My coworker had it doing cartwheels a few times unfortunately and it got a few scratches. Oher than that it handled it like a champ.
I really like this buggy
Did you run 2S 100C Lipos on the stock motor and it still ran fine?

Yeah the stock motor handled the 2s 100c and the 3s 100c batts with no issues what's so ever.
When I go to the track I run 10+ packs back to back with no issues. Losi did a good job this time when picking a motor.

Yeah the stock motor handled the 2s 100c and the 3s 100c batts with no issues what's so ever.
When I go to the track I run 10+ packs back to back with no issues. Losi did a good job this time when picking a motor.
Was it any cheaper to buy 3.0 ?

The one that I race with the most, no its definitely cheaper. The one I upgraded to pretty much all 3.0 parts, yes it cost more than it would to have to built a 3.0

It doesn't need all the 3.0 upgrades. I did it basically to just do it.
The lightened diff outdrives and bearings for the steering is all the truck really needs.

Do you know stock diff oil weights? F/C/R. I actually do not own one yet but want to buy oils at the same time I do. Thanks in advance.

My red db is getting cleaned up from the mud bath it took out at the track last weekend.
The new layout of the track is crazy. Lots of very LARGE jumps. Broke the top front shock mount screw twice and came home to find the front diff case broke. can't believe I broke the diff case ?
Dang.

Do you know stock diff oil weights? F/C/R. I actually do not own one yet but want to buy oils at the same time I do. Thanks in advance.

Dont know the stock fluid. I installed on both of mine 7k front, 10k center, and 5k rear.

Back