New Lid -First Painting Attempt-

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr T-Maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First let me clarify;

I have very little patience and absolutely NO artistic talent!!!

That being said, I was pleased with the outcome, having no "flair", I went with a simple clean look. This was good ol' masking tape and rattle can.

Prior to heading to the track, the lid will visit the vinyl shop for;
Numbers on the doors
Driver name/nickname in script above the door
Something on the windsheild visor
LHS decals on the rear quarters
Vinyl shop logo on the wing
Proline decal replaced with team name

4872Mvc-580s-med.jpg

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/data/500/4872Mvc-578s-med.jpg

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/data/500/4872Mvc-582s-med.jpg

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/data/500/4872Mvc-584s-med.jpg

If you guys say "nice" things about my lid, I'll post up some photos of the lid my brother just painted. He has all the talent!!! I'm biased but I think his lid should be in a magazine.

Enjoy,

Mr T

Last edited:
Actually it does look good. It's a simple, clean layout. Fancy doesn't always equal attractive. The lines look fine and it's still nice and shiny. Good job.

I Like that lid its very cool real racey I would want to race under that lid. So if u are the untalented brother lets see the talented brothers lid.

Awesome job man! Lines are all lined up with each other and very crisp look good!

Yeah, clean even lines. Biatchin ride man! I think it'd be cool for all drivers to sign their names on the roof panel (nascar-style. It'd help me remember their names at the track <G>). Its unanimous: "nice". Now you have to post lil' bro's lid.

Vinyl Shop

Will a vinyl shop cut signage that small ?

For someone with very little patience and absolutely NO artistic talent, I think it's beautiful. I've always preferred the clean look. Looks REALLY good.

I REALLY like it alot. I saw it in the gallery and loved it.

Looks great, very clean. I wish I had no artistic talent like you!

Great JOB!!

XXX-NT Dee, My wife happens to work in a sign shop, and they CAN do small reverse-stick decals for roof sigs. I paint alot of bodies for friends and was thinking of doing a small sig on the lower rear quarter too.

Geez, everybody, thanks for the kind words.

To answer the vinyl question...yes, If the shop has a descent plotter and a talented operator, you can get some very small decals.

The photos of my brothers ride are in the PC at work....I'll post them up Monday.

Mr T

Sweet dude... Looks like my old xxx-nt body that I painted.

normal_DSCN0057.JPG

normal_DSCN0058.JPG

I can't wait to see your brother's! its gonna be sweet.....

Wow i think it looks great. Nice and brite....

As promised, photos of the talented brothers lid. Like with most artists, my brother has his phases or periods. He currently is in his "tread plate" period, the last three lids he painted all included tread plate (my new buggy lid included)

I really don't think these photos do the body justice but here ya go......

4872Mvc-586s-med.jpg

4872Mvc-587s-med.jpg

4872Mvc-588s-med.jpg

Enjoy

Mr T

:winnar:

THAT IS 1 SICK LID MAN !!!!

your brother does some great work ...

i also like your lid ... great colors !! sometimes the simple ones are the best ... the blue and white just go together very well .. great choice !!!

Very cool. Any tips on how he does the "tread plate" effect? My joking buddies around here would see that and try to step on it. <G>

Still like the first one better, but both are awesome.