MY first paint job

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZANDOR

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here is my first paint job on my 4.6 savage what you think!!! I did get a little bleed through on the flame mask.

41694_6_savage_003-med.jpg

41694_6_savage_001-med.

41694_6_savage_001-med.

41694_6_savage_001-med.jpg

41694_6_savage_005-med.jpg

41694_6_savage_0061-med.jpg

41694_6_savage-med.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good zandor, that woman is so hot you have flames............. :cheers:

Looks good, but one question. How long have you been in the hobby? This's your very first body painted?

edit: OH poop, you got the .28 savage? How does it run?

I finished the bulid at 4 am this morining..and just got done painting the body about an hour ago.. Iam going to break her in tomarrow morning... My dam glow plug ignitor is dead!!!! :shrug: so I have it on the charger...

And yep this is my very first paint job LOL many bodys have come and gone over the years... I just nevered tryed to do it intill now!

Nice Job Zandor looks good Painting isnt as easy as it looks I havent dont any rc bodies yet but have thrown down some cool paint jobs on Die cast cars. It take lots of practice and patience. You did awesome for very first paint job.

Ryhton said:
Looks good zandor, that woman is so hot you have flames............. :cheers:

You LIKEY the woman I did here with candy red.. fasecent paint She turned out GOODDDDD

kwong2001 said:
Hey zandor, did you use an airbrush to paint it?

Yep if you look at the pic of the back of the truck the box for my paasche VL is sitting there

Damn, you're lucky. I always have to use the stupid paint cans...lol

Thank man! I wanted to keep it simple for the first one the next one I do Ill try
to throw out some more color.. Do some fading or some thing..

Lessen said:
I'm gonna do a dark scheme as well... black and charcoal... maybe a splash of color

Do yourself a favor, add a couple drops of Silver to the Charcoal. Charcoal is so similiar to black, that you wouldn't notice a difference without the right lighting... I usually use this same method when painting the Carbon Fiber effects...

Looks great for your first air brush job. I got the same set as you do and my first was not near as nice. Might have been beter if I knew that thing on the tip was a cap (I mean, why put a hole on the cap?) The pics look awesome, you must have a great digi-cam. ;)

Looks good bro!! I'm ALMOST done with my lid I've been painting onf for a few days now. (Short of time) But Ill be sure to post. Looks good though for sure!

Looks great for your first one brotha can't wait to see that beast in person, so when we bashing :thumbsup:

ImBroken said:
Do yourself a favor, add a couple drops of Silver to the Charcoal. Charcoal is so similiar to black, that you wouldn't notice a difference without the right lighting..

I'm already on it! i mixed the charcoal yesterday... it's gonna be bad ass. Lots of black, plenty of silver, and a tad bit of white. I can't wait...!

Buncrana said:
Looks great for your first air brush job. I got the same set as you do and my first was not near as nice. Might have been beter if I knew that thing on the tip was a cap (I mean, why put a hole on the cap?) The pics look awesome, you must have a great digi-cam. ;)

LOL ya when I first got that air brush I did the same dam thing..

YA why did they put a hole in it? Thats just retarded as a matter of fact I think I was reading a thread that nite and you posted that about the cap.. thats how I found out! so Its not just you now that has done it.

Yeah well, I got a pair of jeans now with mor epurple paint on em than that first shell got. :hammer: