Proline Ext. F350 Lid....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Did a quick paint job for my .21 Maxx to run at the Winter Bash...
Msly was over on Sunday night messin with my computer, & chokin on the fumes...lol

52drips3-med.jpg

52drips2-med.jpg

52drips1-med.jpg

Looks good. I just saw it in the gallery. I myself just finished a lid for my MTX-3. I post a pic soon.

Good looking paint job!
How do you get that carbon fiber look?

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
Good looking paint job!
How do you get that carbon fiber look?

The carbon Fiber effect I learned from one of those R/C painting guides.
All you need is the matting material, Faskolor Charcoal w/a hint of FasSilver & FasBlack. Lay the matting down on the bed, shoot one light even coat of the Charcoal/Silver mix. Remove the matting, and when dry, shoot with 3 light even coats of Fasblack.
Very simple technique for such a fantastic effect.

Great Job TJ!!!!

Thtas one sexy ass lid dude!

Now you need to bring that one to Buffalo and watch it crumble hehehehe

Great work!

What kind of matting material is it? Just plastic mesh?

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
What kind of matting material is it? Just plastic mesh?

No, it's more like a rubber non skid matting for tool boxes or shelves. I couldn't find a link to it on the web, but this is what it looks like....
P1010026.JPG

Yea it was a funny site after breathing in way too many paint fumes I was sitting at the computer with a mask on...i'm such a peepee... you think i could leave the computer for a minitue....I guess I guess I have a computer problem. Dammm your getting to be a regular Pee Caso....

Hey man thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna have to try that one....

great job, i love that how the bubbles have a 3-D look with that black behind the yellow. nice job. also the carbon fiber look is a great touch to finishing off the body.

later

Back