New house...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So the wife and I are thinking of moving one last time... went to look at a house today, she's thinking about how to arrange furniture in the family room... I'm looking out the back window, thinking: 1.5 acres, built in ramps, rocks for crawling, and 440 feet of arrow-straight side-walk for speed runs! 😋
qbDCfOm.jpg

So the wife and I are thinking of moving one last time... went to look at a house today, she's thinking about how to arrange furniture in the family room... I'm looking out the back window, thinking: 1.5 acres, built in ramps, rocks for crawling, and 440 feet of arrow-straight side-walk for speed runs! 😋
qbDCfOm.jpg
I hate you. Congrats.

qbDCfOm.jpg
Damn you got grass out there!! I don’t even know what that is..

Welcome to the club! Homeownership is... something. 😆 unless this isn't your first home, then you know all about it.

I’ve got 30 acres, most of which is a huge meadow on a hillside. We’ve still got a dirt track & a couple of live grass turf tracks, and two seasonal creeks that’ll be great fro a crawling course.
Live grass turf tracks, you say?

So I could... what, mow my lawn really short, and run a setup similar to carpet in my back yard? I could probably build up one of my TLR 22s and have it set up as a "live turf" car, and keep my carpet cars clean.

Congrats @9x19 - looks like an amazing spot!

Live grass turf tracks, you say?

So I could... what, mow my lawn really short, and run a setup similar to carpet in my back yard? I could probably build up one of my TLR 22s and have it set up as a "live turf" car, and keep my carpet cars clean.

Congrats @9x19 - looks like an amazing spot!
Here's my backyard turf track, circa 2019-2022. Grass track oval. Tight but loads of fun. Cut the grass on the track to 1", left the remainder of the lawn at 3". Yep, cars stay clean. Except for pine needles. But they'd shake out readily. Turf takes a bit of work to maintain and depending on the power a car or turck is putting down, will need a 'rest period' to recover between runs. My rest period after running a three-day series was four days rest and recovery.

Ran 2WD Stadium Trucks, 17.5 and 13.5 brushless on 2S so damage to the turf was minimal. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

20210608_070235_Back Yard Racetrack_forum resize .jpg

Back