New FMS 1/24 power wagon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you installed the new high speed motor in your rigs? Mine just arrived.

View attachment 154875

I think the motor it comes with is fast enough, unless I was going to convert one into a street car. Let us know how you like it. Sometimes these things surprise me.

Look forward to hearing how it goes. What I really want is a faster motor for my scx24 as the power wagon is a lot of fun. Cape Crawler recently did a video of the 030 88T Little Rocket motor in the SCX and it really boosts speed. Sadly LGR is US based and the postage to get their motor to me in the UK is prohibitive. Wierd that considering how cheap it is to get stuff from China. I'm sure the motor is probably made in china but I havnt found a way to track it down.

Today I added a set of longer trailing rear links to give the FCX24 Powerwagon a little more stability when climbing.
PSX_20230122_123320.jpg

Here you can see the difference in length.
PSX_20230122_123228.jpg

It did help a bit, it also helped keep it more stable when at high speeds, these things move pretty fast in high gear.

I think the motor it comes with is fast enough, unless I was going to convert one into a street car. Let us know how you like it. Sometimes these things surprise me.
I got it in and it’s much faster but I’m not sure it improves my enjoyment of driving the rig. It still crawls ok but it takes a very light touch to keep things slow and smooth. The same soft suspension tuning that lets it crawl well on my modded rig also makes for some pretty bad high speed body control and it’s all over the place with its body motions with the new speeds and acceleration. I think oil shocks and maybe stiffer springs would be very helpful at this point. The 43mm rcawd db friction shocks are good for crawling but mediocre for bashing.

I got it in and it’s much faster but I’m not sure it improves my enjoyment of driving the rig. It still crawls ok but it takes a very light touch to keep things slow and smooth. The same soft suspension tuning that lets it crawl well on my modded rig also makes for some pretty bad high speed body control and it’s all over the place with its body motions with the new speeds and acceleration. I think oil shocks and maybe stiffer springs would be very helpful at this point. The 43mm rcawd db friction shocks are good for crawling but mediocre for bashing.
Are you running the stock radio? If so, maybe try upgrading to a radio with EXP (exponent) adjustment. You can dial in a shallow throttle curve to add a lot more trigger pull before the throttle starts to ramp up. Either that, or put a Furitek ESC in it with FOC technology for that silky smooth slow crawl.

I was afraid it might be a handful with more speed. I need to play with mine.

Back