New budget rx/tx for me - Radiolink RC4GS V3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Just got in my new budget rx/tx. It is the Radiolink rc4gs v3. Has 30 car memory. I got the kit with 2 receivers so I got 1 in the mini b and the other in the rustler. I am going to order another one for the slash. I am going to keep the stock traxxas TQ radios just in case if my dad wants to drive with me at the same time. I really like the feel of the radio. I like the screen and how I can adjust the steering end points more than the stock RTR radios. We will see how long this will last me. Hoping for atleast a little more than 2 years. It also has a USB port for firmware updates so I will keep an eye on the radiolink website for any new updates. My uncle was here at my house when I got it in. He opened it up and he says "its junk, you should of went with a futaba or sanwa" but those go for 300, 400, even 500 dollars and this was 80 dollars. But he is from a racing perspective and for just bashing you really don't need a expensive and fancy radio. This radio feels a little less quality from my uncles Futaba 7pxr. But feels a lot nicer and a relieve from the RTR radios. If I got into racing then I would of went with the Futaba 4pm but since my LHS closed down I decided I'm not going to get into racing. I might get into it when something else pops up in my area. Also to note, this did fix the steering problem I was having with the mini b. With the stock rx/tx it would not go full left and right. Once I put in the new radiolink and adjusted the EPA's it did full left and right. Also came with a neck strap key chain thingy so I will probably use that. I am running the radio off of the 6 AA's right now. I will probably get a 2s or 3s lipo for it so I don't have to be going through batteries.

20221019_194343.jpg

20221019_194334.jpg

20221019_194244.jpg

20221019_194202.jpg

20221019_194156.jpg

20221019_194148.jpg

20221019_194131.jpg

20221019_194124.jpg

20221019_194116.jpg

20221019_194105.jpg

The interface is really not that hard to navigate through. Since I did my research I really didn't read the manual for it but ill read it just to make sure. I always keep the manuals/instructions to stuff. I have a whole drawer for manuals at my workbench.

Last edited:
Very cool. Looks like it has some good features on it. I don't mind cheaper systems at all. I don't need the long distant signal where I run.
I just bought a DUMBORC X4 and works perfect for me. Pretty basic transmitter.

Just bought another FS GT3b. I thought about picking one of these up instead since they have 30 model memory but I already have a ton of extra RXs for the FS so I just bought a second one if it gets to the point where I'm gonna need a third one then I guess Ill just bite the bullet and switch lol. I have a Sanwa MT-4S which is super nice but RXs for those are like $55+ so those only go in my nicest kits.

I love mine but I really wish they put the bind button in a better location. Probably my only real complaint. They make it so obnoxious :eek:

I love mine but I really wish they put the bind button in a better location. Probably my only real complaint. They make it so obnoxious :eek:
Is this Moirae from AF? 🤔

The one that likes to run his rig directly into a wall, but can jump at the park and not hit the big green box? 😅 🤪 😂 🍻 :thumbs-up: ✌️ 😁

If so, Welcome to RCT!! 🤪

Is this Moirae from AF? 🤔

The one that likes to run his rig directly into a wall, but can jump at the park and not hit the big green box? 😅 🤪 😂 🍻 :thumbs-up: ✌️ 😁

If so, Welcome to RCT!! 🤪
Shh I dunno what you're talking about!

NINJA VANISH

I've had mine for about 6 weeks now, really pleased with the cost/performance ratio. It has good range and lots of programming options. The menu takes some getting used to, and the trigger is somewhat oddly shaped. Overall, it's built somewhat flimsy but OK if you don't beat it up. I may get a 3600ma 2s LiPo for the TX, some say it improves range and as well as eliminating AA batteries. I've ordered two more R6FG receivers (they're pretty cheap in the 2-pack) and am going to retrofit a couple of other cars that currently have Traxxas TQi systems. All said, around $100 for a TX and three RX's can't be beat.