New body question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JerryFan

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats the best way to cut out a new body? A friend of mine suggested a hot knife, but figured I'd as everyone here as there might be some type of trick to make it easier.

RC Addict

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The body pros on here suggested curved scissors and a dremel with a sand drum for the wheel cutouts and a hobby knife to score the straight lines then just snap 'em off.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was thinking that one of those dremel saw things would work nicely. I haven't actually tried it but the way it is designed allows for cutting pretty much any shape.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
Staff member
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The body pros on here suggested curved scissors and a dremel with a sand drum for the wheel cutouts and a hobby knife to score the straight lines then just snap 'em off.

Thats the ticket right there! Curved lexan scissors, and then a sanding drum on a dremel to finish it up. Drill your body post holes, antenna hole, and exhaust stinger hole too before painting. I find fitting the body while it is still clear is by far the easiest way to do it.

Scrogg

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Thats the ticket right there! Curved lexan scissors, and then a sanding drum on a dremel to finish it up. Drill your body post holes, antenna hole, and exhaust stinger hole too before painting. I find fitting the body while it is still clear is by far the easiest way to do it.
I'm no pro but that's the way i do it. I can't live without my curved scissors and dremel.