New body question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryFan

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats the best way to cut out a new body? A friend of mine suggested a hot knife, but figured I'd as everyone here as there might be some type of trick to make it easier.

The body pros on here suggested curved scissors and a dremel with a sand drum for the wheel cutouts and a hobby knife to score the straight lines then just snap 'em off.

I was thinking that one of those dremel saw things would work nicely. I haven't actually tried it but the way it is designed allows for cutting pretty much any shape.

The body pros on here suggested curved scissors and a dremel with a sand drum for the wheel cutouts and a hobby knife to score the straight lines then just snap 'em off.

Thats the ticket right there! Curved lexan scissors, and then a sanding drum on a dremel to finish it up. Drill your body post holes, antenna hole, and exhaust stinger hole too before painting. I find fitting the body while it is still clear is by far the easiest way to do it.

Thats the ticket right there! Curved lexan scissors, and then a sanding drum on a dremel to finish it up. Drill your body post holes, antenna hole, and exhaust stinger hole too before painting. I find fitting the body while it is still clear is by far the easiest way to do it.
I'm no pro but that's the way i do it. I can't live without my curved scissors and dremel.