NEW Associated RC10T Classic Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Associated:

New! RC10T Classic Kit! - [#7002]

Step back in time to the golden era of RC racing with the RC10T Classic, a faithful recreation of the iconic RC10T from 1991. As a tribute to the glory days of off-road racing, this classic model embodies the essence of its predecessor, capturing the spirit and performance that made the original RC10T a legend on the track.

Features:
- Top loading, gold anodized racing shocks
- Anti-plow nylon front bumper
- Includes only the famously banned narrow front wheels and tires
- Olite bushings throughout
- Long travel, fiberglass rear shock tower
- Team Associated 3-piece Truck Class rear wheels
- Super wide track rear suspension arms

For all the details and history of the RC10T, use the link below:

https://60years.associatedelectrics.com/rc10t-classic-kit/

#WeAreAE #RC10T #Vintage #60Years #40thRC10

FB_IMG_1716392850683.jpg

FB_IMG_1716392848940.jpg

FB_IMG_1716392852655.jpg

FB_IMG_1716392854205.jpg

FB_IMG_1716392855870.jpg

FB_IMG_1716392857723.jpg

That’s pretty cool

That's the way they sold them back in the day. The bearing equipped kits cost a little more.
it's less the bushing part and more so the price that baffles me, this isn't the same "brand new race winning stadium truck made right in America", it's "we dug up an old design and we're going to pump out a few at a Chinese sweatshop".

It'd be like if Traxxas "re-released" the Rustler with the old Dodge Ram body, black chassis, and jacked up the price.

it's less the bushing part and more so the price that baffles me, this isn't the same "brand new race winning stadium truck made right in America", it's "we dug up an old design and we're going to pump out a few at a Chinese sweatshop".

It'd be like if Traxxas "re-released" the Rustler with the old Dodge Ram body, black chassis, and jacked up the price.
It is a little steep, but not so steep I'd be complaining about it personally. Hell, I paid close to $300 for my B3 kit back in the 90's. The price will likely drop at some point. They're going to try to cover the cost of bringing the molds and such back to life, along with re-prototyping the forming processes for the chassis and and metal parts with the initial runs. Supply and demand.

That brings up the question if this will be mass produced or a limited edition run.
I don't see that mentioned. Hopefully they keep making them, because I definitely want the RC10 and this one.

Those two would make for a nice pair of vintage electrics!

Much better, even at their asking price, than the Tamiya re-releases.

Last edited:
Well, they finally did it. 👏 👏
Doesn't mean I'm getting one though... I have learned the art of self control on the re-releases.

Last edited:
Hmm...very cool. The bearing v bushing thing seems suspect. For the price. What? Is it supposed to just sit on a shelf? No way Jose.

And if I remember correctly, they came with both narrow and wide front tires/wheels due to IFMAR vs ROAR rules.

I did enjoy beating the fancy new RC10T's with my JRXT tho. Oh memories.... :)

Hmm...very cool. The bearing v bushing thing seems suspect. For the price. What? Is it supposed to just sit on a shelf? No way Jose.
Its Thunder Tigers way of cutting corners, their Apex2 on-roaders also have bushings (and friction shocks!). I guess they figure "Hey if Tamiya can get away with it..."

Its Thunder Tigers way of cutting corners, their Apex2 on-roaders also have bushings (and friction shocks!). I guess they figure "Hey if Tamiya can get away with it..."
:) Oh Tamiya. Nobody races your vehicles. So there's that.

Back