New 137mph PB with the Arrma Limitless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's fast!
That's for sure! Never thought when I started speed running 3 months ago I'd even get over 120mph let alone almost 140mph. Also since I've gotten more and more focused on speed running I set a goal of 150mph for this year and I'm only 13mph away already and on the first 8s pass. Next pass out should hopefully hit 140+🤘

That's for sure! Never thought when I started speed running 3 months ago I'd even get over 120mph let alone almost 140mph. Also since I've gotten more and more focused on speed running I set a goal of 150mph for this year and I'm only 13mph away already and on the first 8s pass. Next pass out should hopefully hit 140+🤘
I dont know how you keep it on the ground

I dont know how you keep it on the ground
I have the front of the car only about 8-10mm high and suspension in rear set higher so the rear doesn't get lower than the front to cause lift off. With dual 4s packs it has some decent weight also which helps. It's a fine line for sure especially with the speeds I'm hitting.

I have the front of the car only about 8-10mm high and suspension in rear set higher so the rear doesn't get lower than the front to cause lift off. With dual 4s packs it has some decent weight also which helps. It's a fine line for sure especially with the speeds I'm hitting.
I would guess at that speed if it gets airborne the cars is destroyed?

sometimes you can get lucky but generally any time I had a wreck with my 100+mph rustler I was usually looking at $100-$200 repair on average assuming nothing happened to the lipo.

I would guess at that speed if it gets airborne the cars is destroyed?
Ya depending how it comes back down or what it runs into. Have an Arrma forum brother that just had his car do a double backflip at 100+ and land on it's wheels and was fine. Also he ran off the road at 129 and just had minor damage so again it's all up in the air 🤷 but pretty much you have to plan for the worst case scenario.

The aftermath of a 100+mph wreck....Lost a 6S lipo too although I dont have pics of the lipo

Snapped chassis in rear
SDC13615.JPG

Busted RX
SDC13617.JPG

Busted front of chassis
SDC13620.JPG

SDC13621.JPG

Poor front end
SDC13622.JPG

RPM hub carrier
SDC13883.JPG

6061 GPM front shock tower is toast
SDC13884.JPG

Ok, its Integy....Its expected. I got it free sooooo
SDC13885.JPG

The aftermath of a 100+mph wreck....Lost a 6S lipo too although I dont have pics of the lipo

Snapped chassis in rear
View attachment 126556

Busted RX
View attachment 126557

Busted front of chassis
View attachment 126558

View attachment 126559

Poor front end
View attachment 126560

RPM hub carrier
View attachment 126561

6061 GPM front shock tower is toast
View attachment 126562

Ok, its Integy....Its expected. I got it free sooooo
View attachment 126563
Ya small cars like that with composite chassis is not ideal for speed running. I had issues with my Arrma Typhon even with a GT body as the short wheel base is squirly. I was almost always having to counter steer my whole run which I know cut MPH's off as well. But even still my best pass was 125mph with the SWB Typhon before turning it back into my bada$$ buggy
IMG_20210324_131145_836.jpg
IMG_20210421_115829679.jpg

Ya small cars like that with composite chassis is not ideal for speed running.
Yeah thats true but back when I built her it was the only kit around capable of being modded to go 100+ (or at least the only known kit). Now people are doing it with a lot of different kits. I think my best run was 118mph but like you I have issues with it getting squirrely. I put extended stampede a arms on the front which did help a bit. Man now that I'm thinking about it I can't believe its been 9 or 10 years since I built that kit. Where does time go? lol

Yeah thats true but back when I built her it was the only kit around capable of being modded to go 100+ (or at least the only known kit). Now people are doing it with a lot of different kits. I think my best run was 118mph but like you I have issues with it getting squirrely. I put extended stampede a arms on the front which did help a bit. Man now that I'm thinking about it I can't believe its been 9 or 10 years since I built that kit. Where does time go? lol
Ya I know someone that runs a 1/10 Typhon and has done 119mph just crazy as it is so light!

Back