needing help with throttle/brake linkage adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxasnewbie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
what are the proper procedures for adjusting the sevo throttle /brake rods on my 3.3 tmaxx. I installed new gears in transmission of course removing the linkages nwo i dont have something right because my engine is flooded with fuel and will not start i removed the glow plug and spun it over and alot of fuel is comming out of head,i didnt have this problem beforehand so I'm guessing this is the problem.I am a very good racecar mechanic but I'm new to the small engine rc world and u guys on here have gave me alot of great info and help.sorry to ask so many??? often i just dont want to screw anything up.:\

i set my throttle in the position i need then adjust the collarso that its tight up against with no slack. the brake i have never done before

Turn on the radio and the car, make sure the throttle trim is in neutral, make sure the carb is closed all the way, adjust the linkage so it does not have any slack or it's not pushing on the carb. It's the same theory as a car carb linkage. When i say make sure the carb is closed all the way i mean closed up to the idle stop. That should be the same as it was before.
The brake is about the same, i adjust mine so when i apply the brakes it slows the truck down then i set the brake trim on the radio to my liking.
You can go on traxxas web site and look at all the diagrams and instructions for your truck if you need more help.

This is a good place to get a lot of info, thanks to FAST EDDY and WOODIE.
http://www.RCdocuments.com/

Last edited:
:thumbup:Yup +1 good post

transmited from a mobile communications device

Back