Need help with roto start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therealjimmyyy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new here I recently picked up two nitro cars used the car I’m having trouble with is the haboa hyper 7 I had a hard time priming the engine I did plug the exhaust with my finger and open the throttle all the way I had pulled my pull start probably 50 times then the engine finally fired up while I was breaking in the motor I had decided to do some low speed driving and trying to tune the car it would bog out and die iknow it was to rich but you see I had tried to start it again but when I did I broke the pull start I removed the engine and tried to fix it but the plastic part was cracked and long story short I don’t wanna deal with a pull start anymore and would like to convert to roto start I don’t know what one to order I do have the factory .28 engine in it

IMG_5524.jpeg

Welcome to NItro RC 🤣. A good part of that is getting it started. Did you try and loosen the glow plug? It just needs to be loose enough to let some air though to get the prime.

I actually prime by disconnecting the exhaust return line and blowing into it. Works perfect every time.

As for the rotostart, there are a bunch on Amazon. Just make sure to get the 1/8th scale one. You'll also need a starter wand. Redcat sells them, among others.

However, starter box is the best way to go if you can get a sealed backplate for your engine. Adds power and RPM by removing the OWB.

Welcome to NItro RC 🤣. A good part of that is getting it started. Did you try and loosen the glow plug? It just needs to be loose enough to let some air though to get the prime.
I did not I’m a noob lol I will do that next time I’m going to get the roto start on Amazon for now and go from there

Do you know what block off plate I can get and is it a direct swap ? I’ve tried googling it and could not get a clear answer I need some expert help here

IMG_5558.png

IMG_5560.png

Thanks everybody for the help and input