Need Traxxas X-Maxx input

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah.. I like the diversity of the two speed.. and locking diffs.. I go off reading with my 1.1 ranger with 8" sky jacker lift and 40" super swampers.. so to have a crawler that I can push for speed then slow down to crawl.. I think is sweet... I'm a basher and a romper.. I'm not so much into parking lot pavement speed runs... so I'm more of a offroad dirt guy.. 🤣🤣🤣.. enjoy the strong drink bud I'm going to burn one with my wife 🤣🤣 as I don't drink often due to work...
Funny you mention that, you don’t drink because of work, well, both my wife and I are nurses and we don’t do anything that would show up on a drug test. However, when we’re not at work and we’re not driving, would you pass the bottle over here to me please? Especially when we go on vacation.

actually, if you know John Holmes from Holmes hobbies, he talked a lot about the guy who was part of the development team for the TRX four and he knows the guy personally from years ago, and he relates that it doesn’t surprise him that he came out with a very good product because of his background from putting crawlers together when they were handmade and not commercially made. The stock tires are decent the frame and suspension are definitely above average to a great degree, of course aftermarket support is way above average,The electronics, well, the motor is good, differential servos good, receiver and transmitter adequate, steering servo below average, but acceptable as long as you don’t expect too much.

Since you are buying the kit you’ll get to enjoy putting it all together, not sure if it comes with a body or not, depends on what you want. If you get to choose your body if I had to do it all over again I would go with light weight but I like the defender body what can I say? Lots of accessories are available for it, again, I went with some brass accessories including diff covers,hubs, front servo mount, metal bumpers front and rear……

youtube channel rc review Does a really good job of doing very detailed reviews of crawlers and crawler equipment, even though here lately he has been working a lot of stuff other than crawlers but if you look at his video list it is very extensive and he is very straightforward on crawler stuff

Cool thing about crawlers, I have a well used 3S battery 2200 mA, and if it’s fully charged, I bet you I can go 30….40 maybe even 45 minutes of trail running, rock jumping, crawling sliding whatever…

another benefit of crawling is that the basic wear and tear on your vehicle is very minimal. Jumping a 30 pound rig 10 feet in the air and landing on one wheel sideways 25 foot in the distance could lead to an expensive repair job in no time at all. But on your average go out with your trail runner and crawl some stuff run down the trail a bit see what you can do going up this embankment, etc. etc. you don’t get a lot of breakage….. but make no mistake you can spend a lot of money on upgrades. Just don’t worry too much about having to spend a lot of money on repairs, because other than the speed control, I would give the Traxxas TRX for a definite a for build quality and durability. I’m sure you will enjoy it. By the way I think I need to go and have my third strong drink if you’ll excuse me…….😉😜🤡🤡

Funny you mention that, you don’t drink because of work, well, both my wife and I are nurses and we don’t do anything that would show up on a drug test. However, when we’re not at work and we’re not driving, would you pass the bottle over here to me please? Especially when we go on vacation.

actually, if you know John Holmes from Holmes hobbies, he talked a lot about the guy who was part of the development team for the TRX four and he knows the guy personally from years ago, and he relates that it doesn’t surprise him that he came out with a very good product because of his background from putting crawlers together when they were handmade and not commercially made. The stock tires are decent the frame and suspension are definitely above average to a great degree, of course aftermarket support is way above average,The electronics, well, the motor is good, differential servos good, receiver and transmitter adequate, steering servo below average, but acceptable as long as you don’t expect too much.

Since you are buying the kit you’ll get to enjoy putting it all together, not sure if it comes with a body or not, depends on what you want. If you get to choose your body if I had to do it all over again I would go with light weight but I like the defender body what can I say? Lots of accessories are available for it, again, I went with some brass accessories including diff covers,hubs, front servo mount, metal bumpers front and rear……

youtube channel rc review Does a really good job of doing very detailed reviews of crawlers and crawler equipment, even though here lately he has been working a lot of stuff other than crawlers but if you look at his video list it is very extensive and he is very straightforward on crawler stuff

Cool thing about crawlers, I have a well used 3S battery 2200 mA, and if it’s fully charged, I bet you I can go 30….40 maybe even 45 minutes of trail running, rock jumping, crawling sliding whatever…

another benefit of crawling is that the basic wear and tear on your vehicle is very minimal. Jumping a 30 pound rig 10 feet in the air and landing on one wheel sideways 25 foot in the distance could lead to an expensive repair job in no time at all. But on your average go out with your trail runner and crawl some stuff run down the trail a bit see what you can do going up this embankment, etc. etc. you don’t get a lot of breakage….. but make no mistake you can spend a lot of money on upgrades. Just don’t worry too much about having to spend a lot of money on repairs, because other than the speed control, I would give the Traxxas TRX for a definite a for build quality and durability. I’m sure you will enjoy it. By the way I think I need to go and have my third strong drink if you’ll excuse me…….😉😜🤡🤡
Yeah I'm in fire protection.. so on call all the time so I can't drink....but boss knows I burn and is cool with it hence my forum name its actually my last name 🤣🤣 that's awesome you guys are nurses.. much respect to you both... I love that little guy from RC review.. I'm a subscriber to the channel thays funny you brought him up.. he does some really good reviews on all RCs... I want to build it as I have built all mine except the X and merv... I love to build them they way I want.. Definitely going with the 1080 hobbywing.. and maybe even go brushless or atleast a stronger motor..Definitely a savox servo for steering. And maybe some other goodies 😉🤣🤣🤣.. Will start maken a list of parts I would like to put on as I build it. Rather then build and take apart.. soon after.. well you enjoy you vacation and 3rd strong drink bud and enjoy the sunset down there.. they are awesome spent some time in fort Myers Florida.. enjoy your free time and stress free night👍👍👍

Yeah I'm in fire protection.. so on call all the time so I can't drink....but boss knows I burn and is cool with it hence my forum name its actually my last name 🤣🤣 that's awesome you guys are nurses.. much respect to you both... I love that little guy from RC review.. I'm a subscriber to the channel thays funny you brought him up.. he does some really good reviews on all RCs... I want to build it as I have built all mine except the X and merv... I love to build them they way I want.. Definitely going with the 1080 hobbywing.. and maybe even go brushless or atleast a stronger motor..Definitely a savox servo for steering. And maybe some other goodies 😉🤣🤣🤣.. Will start maken a list of parts I would like to put on as I build it. Rather then build and take apart.. soon after.. well you enjoy you vacation and 3rd strong drink bud and enjoy the sunset down there.. they are awesome spent some time in fort Myers Florida.. enjoy your free time and stress free night👍👍👍
Not far from Ft Myers …..Little Gillespie Island off Port Charlotte…..no cars, no restaurant, no stores,just the waves and a lotta good food…..you have to take a boat taxi to get here….

Suggest Holmes Hobbies for crawler info….it’s what he does, all his products are made for crawlers……one of his videos explained the advantages of brushed motors in crawlers over brushless…..at least made me feel okay about leaving my rig stock for now……he also made a recommendation for most crawler people…..HW 1080 and one of his 550 brushed motors……grand total $60…..better magnets and performance than most name brands, his is a family owned company….

Not bad for someone who could push a sensored setup tuned for competition for $300……

just a thought…..

whew……that #3 has taken a toll…..

better go

happy trails

Not far from Ft Myers …..Little Gillespie Island off Port Charlotte…..no cars, no restaurant, no stores,just the waves and a lotta good food…..you have to take a boat taxi to get here….

Suggest Holmes Hobbies for crawler info….it’s what he does, all his products are made for crawlers……one of his videos explained the advantages of brushed motors in crawlers over brushless…..at least made me feel okay about leaving my rig stock for now……he also made a recommendation for most crawler people…..HW 1080 and one of his 550 brushed motors……grand total $60…..better magnets and performance than most name brands, his is a family owned company….

Not bad for someone who could push a sensored setup tuned for competition for $300……

just a thought…..

whew……that #3 has taken a toll…..

better go

happy trails
Thanks bud enjoy your night 👍👍

I never got to experience a stock Xmaxx. From all the reads I had done there was no point even trying it out stock cause there were just too many options out there that could be done to make this the greatest largest RC monster truck on the planet. One of the first things everyone does is switch out the motor and esc. So initially the Hobbywing Max 5 and big can 56613-800Kv worked for me. Great setup however the Castle XLX2 had just came out with lots of new and good technology for the RC world, when it came to heat and how it effects efficiency. By now my Hobbywing system was needing and upgrade, it was great but created too much heat, which does nothing but cut performance. Going to the Castle Mamba XLX2 setup with the 2028 motor and 35/30 B&M gears has gave my 30lb beast a fresh breath of raw power. The sensored system is like nothing else, when it comes to all out speed and throttle control with a upgraded transmitter and receiver.. If and when you want to really enjoy a Xmaxx's true potential than start here to begin with, but you need to have everything else upgraded to top notch components in order to handle the power. Now you have a heavy vehicle, so the servo has to be replaced with the strongest and fastest with all metal steering, bell crank, servo arm and linkage. Focus on the shocks now cause they are not going to be up to par with all the weight. The Proline Power Stoke HD shock shafts and Traxxas Heavy Duty Springs with the Ultra Reservoir Shock Caps and Proline belted tires to reduce ballooning will keep it planted nicely on the ground. The stock plastic body brace has to go as well and replace the rear hubs with RPM. These simple little tricks will transform this RC into a true monster. Talk about power to spare and handling to go along with it is an experience that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. To me this is the ultimate Xmaxx, now with the heavy tires and low CG it performs flawlessly rarely tipping over cornering like it is on rails at high speeds, talk about adrenaline rush, whoa baby.

Attachments

• 20210821_121422.jpg
    20210821_121422.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 90
Thats awesome bud👍👍 so how long have you been in the hobby? Out of curiosity 🤔🤔

Not long at all, maybe a year and half now. Just can't get enough of this hobby. No matter what I get I love making it better!
Oh yeah nice glad your enjoying the hobby bud. And the X is a beast of a RC truc.. got alot done to yours and alot of $$ invested into it.. I would have drove it first. To see what everyone was saying about it but that me...

I've loved this hobby since I was about 8-9 I've been in it over 20yrs...I don't take reviews from people on the net to likely... I read the same reviews and was hesitant to get it all together. Plus I couldn't find it anywhere..but the people doing to reviews don't tell you how the were driven it either.. or that they never went over the truck top to bottom front to back.. ever screw and every gear. Or that they are newbs and that the X was their first RC ever.. the X had faults from the design and factory period. Traxxas electronics SUCK first and for most LOL.. and the idea to put a auto flip on a RC was just flat out stupid. And it only works in sertain situations.. doesn't work all the time.. they don't tell you that.. I mean Just walk over and flip it back on wheels.. and the pins to set motor is a joke as well.. Because they don't work they are off.. One of the reasons why people were and still stripping the pinon/spur gear...I've never had any problems with mine at all. And I beat the piss out of it.. but I will be doing upgrades to it soon.. but I won't rebuild it because some one else had or has issues with it....

I never got to experience a stock Xmaxx. From all the reads I had done there was no point even trying it out stock cause there were just too many options out there that could be done to make this the greatest largest RC monster truck on the planet. One of the first things everyone does is switch out the motor and esc. So initially the Hobbywing Max 5 and big can 56613-800Kv worked for me. Great setup however the Castle XLX2 had just came out with lots of new and good technology for the RC world, when it came to heat and how it effects efficiency. By now my Hobbywing system was needing and upgrade, it was great but created too much heat, which does nothing but cut performance. Going to the Castle Mamba XLX2 setup with the 2028 motor and 35/30 B&M gears has gave my 30lb beast a fresh breath of raw power. The sensored system is like nothing else, when it comes to all out speed and throttle control with a upgraded transmitter and receiver.. If and when you want to really enjoy a Xmaxx's true potential than start here to begin with, but you need to have everything else upgraded to top notch components in order to handle the power. Now you have a heavy vehicle, so the servo has to be replaced with the strongest and fastest with all metal steering, bell crank, servo arm and linkage. Focus on the shocks now cause they are not going to be up to par with all the weight. The Proline Power Stoke HD shock shafts and Traxxas Heavy Duty Springs with the Ultra Reservoir Shock Caps and Proline belted tires to reduce ballooning will keep it planted nicely on the ground. The stock plastic body brace has to go as well and replace the rear hubs with RPM. These simple little tricks will transform this RC into a true monster. Talk about power to spare and handling to go along with it is an experience that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. To me this is the ultimate Xmaxx, now with the heavy tires and low CG it performs flawlessly rarely tipping over cornering like it is on rails at high speeds, talk about adrenaline rush, whoa baby.
With all that $$$ you post a picture of the truck with the lid on.. come on let's see all the goodies buddy 👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not long at all, maybe a year and half now. Just can't get enough of this hobby. No matter what I get I love making it better!
I hope you didn't take offense to what I said.. didn't mean anything by it...I also try to build them from catch. So I can have the RCs they way I want/like them. Because I will upgrade sertain parts. On mine as well..

Whew! I agree……you have made it top of the line! The higher cg and handling of the bone stock was to the detriment of the rig…..let me absorb all of that…..and do some research…..

👍👌😎
THANK YOU

Whew! I agree……you have made it top of the line! The higher cg and handling of the bone stock was to the detriment of the rig…..let me absorb all of that…..and do some research…..

👍👌😎
THANK YOU
Whats up bud hope you had a good time on vacation... if you want a big rig that handles and is fast as balls.. just get a Kra8.. those rip.. and I don't need to put a extra grand into the X.. its a monster truck. Made to jump and bash not made for handling.. I have never had issues with it flipping over. Got more issues with the tmaxx then this beast of a truck👍👍👍
Loves the air threw its tires🤣🤣🤣
IMG_2301(1).jpg

If and when you want to really enjoy a Xmaxx's true potential than start here to begin with
Sorry but I definitely don't need to start anywhere. To enjoy the X.. I enjoy just the same.. I'm not a follower.. if I wanted a big fast truck with crazy handling I would have bought the Kra8 truggy .. I bought the X so I could jump it all day every day..not saying your X isn't cool. But I wouldn't put about a grand into something I never drove before.and go off what I review I read and only get stuff what people say to do and not do. I want it the way I want it and how I want. Sorry I would rather get it drive it jump it beat on it.. and see what happens. Then fix and upgrade to my liking not to someone else's liking...I got rpm carriers and VG racing shock springs and thicker 60wt oil. and a T-bone chassis plate.. also duratrac six pack tiers..havent needed them yet the stocks are just fine what I use them for. And also running 20/50 harden steel gears and changed the diff fluid also the 30f and 50r didn't do much or help .and so far it's a beast. Don't have a problem with roll over or stripped diff or gears. Or o er heating or anything else... to each there own.. all rc set ups and upgrades aren't for everyone and how they drive it.... 👍👍👍👍👍

Sorry but I definitely don't need to start anywhere. To enjoy the X.. I enjoy just the same.. I'm not a follower.. if I wanted a big fast truck with crazy handling I would have bought the Kra8 truggy .. I bought the X so I could jump it all day every day..not saying your X isn't cool. But I wouldn't put about a grand into something I never drove before.and go off what I review I read and only get stuff what people say to do and not do. I want it the way I want it and how I want. Sorry I would rather get it drive it jump it beat on it.. and see what happens. Then fix and upgrade to my liking not to someone else's liking...I got rpm carriers and VG racing shock springs and thicker 60wt oil. and a T-bone chassis plate.. also duratrac six pack tiers..havent needed them yet the stocks are just fine what I use them for. And also running 20/50 harden steel gears and changed the diff fluid also the 30f and 50r didn't do much or help .and so far it's a beast. Don't have a problem with roll over or stripped diff or gears. Or o er heating or anything else... to each there own.. all rc set ups and upgrades aren't for everyone and how they drive it.... 👍👍👍👍👍
And thats the cool thing about it.....this is a hobby that, for the most part, you can get a rig that you like, and tweak it if you want to, and make it even better in whatever way you want. If a person is cool with a stock rig....great....if they want to put $3000 worth of aftermarket stuff on something to customize it to their liking....its doable..... and everything in between. My first bigger rig was my Mojave....very few upgrades, mostly stock V2.....my last rig was definitely the most expensive....TRX4 Defender crawler.... lots of upgrades and mods.... .

I appreciate everyones feedback..... when it comes to peoples rigs and what they do to them to make them what they want, there is nothing 'wrong' in my book....doesn't mean I would do what they did, though....mostly looking at what is commonly reported on XMaxx , and yes, K8S (EXB would be my preference)

And thats the cool thing about it.....this is a hobby that, for the most part, you can get a rig that you like, and tweak it if you want to, and make it even better in whatever way you want. If a person is cool with a stock rig....great....if they want to put $3000 worth of aftermarket stuff on something to customize it to their liking....its doable..... and everything in between. My first bigger rig was my Mojave....very few upgrades, mostly stock V2.....my last rig was definitely the most expensive....TRX4 Defender crawler.... lots of upgrades and mods.... .

I appreciate everyones feedback..... when it comes to peoples rigs and what they do to them to make them what they want, there is nothing 'wrong' in my book....doesn't mean I would do what they did, though....mostly looking at what is commonly reported on XMaxx , and yes, K8S (EXB would be my preference)
100% agree sir. To each their own. I will get me one of those Kra8. But first it's the Trx-4 build kit. And of course upgrades. Just as I will upgrade the X at some point. There's always room for improvement and customization to one's liking. My last post wasn't meant towards you bud. Sorry if you thought that. I didn't like being told. "If I wanted to enjoy the Xmaxx that I had to start with the upgrades they did". Upgrades done from reviews and not personal experience. Is definitely NOT where I will start. I did the same research
about the Xmaxx. I read reviews and watched videos about it for about a 6months a yr. And was hesitant to also get it. But finally said F-it. I found on line one day after looking for ever and ordered it. And when I got it I knew better the. To just throw batteries in it and go.. that's just asking for problems. I wouldn't do that with any RC RTR from the factory. To be honest I wanted to build one out of a roller. But that would have been alot more $$ then just getting a RTR. And go from that as a base set up...I have a list of thong I want to do to my X.. And I will. But I also have 10 other Rcs that I use. So I spread the $$ and love around...👍👍👍👍👍

100% agree sir. To each their own. I will get me one of those Kra8. But first it's the Trx-4 build kit. And of course upgrades. Just as I will upgrade the X at some point. There's always room for improvement and customization to one's liking. My last post wasn't meant towards you bud. Sorry if you thought that. I didn't like being told. "If I wanted to enjoy the Xmaxx that I had to start with the upgrades they did". Upgrades done from reviews and not personal experience. Is definitely NOT where I will start. I did the same research
about the Xmaxx. I read reviews and watched videos about it for about a 6months a yr. And was hesitant to also get it. But finally said F-it. I found on line one day after looking for ever and ordered it. And when I got it I knew better the. To just throw batteries in it and go.. that's just asking for problems. I wouldn't do that with any RC RTR from the factory. To be honest I wanted to build one out of a roller. But that would have been alot more $$ then just getting a RTR. And go from that as a base set up...I have a list of thong I want to do to my X.. And I will. But I also have 10 other Rcs that I use. So I spread the $$ and love around...👍👍👍👍👍
That’s the plan, man!
Nah, I have been trying to get a consensus of how typically rugged a rig is, then what as been a common problem other people have encountered, and what they have done to fix it. The sky is the limit for what can be done to a rig if someone chooses, but I plan on running stock and fix/upgrade as I go.
silkysmooth gave a good list of suggested upgrades that can be done
If I chose
over time

and sounds to me like he found the sweet spot….

an rc rig the way he wants it

thats a goal for all of us

That’s the plan, man!
Nah, I have been trying to get a consensus of how typically rugged a rig is, then what as been a common problem other people have encountered, and what they have done to fix it. The sky is the limit for what can be done to a rig if someone chooses, but I plan on running stock and fix/upgrade as I go.
silkysmooth gave a good list of suggested upgrades that can be done
If I chose
over time

and sounds to me like he found the sweet spot….

an rc rig the way he wants it

thats a goal for all of us
Yes sir but like you said. Your going to get it and upgrades as 💩 happens. I completely understand your research into it... But as you know there's thousands of different ways to upgrade these RCs cars/trucks. I do it to them all the time..

Sorry but I didn't like what and how he said and what he said. "If I really wanted to enjoy and bring out the full potential of the X. I had to start where he did. And with what he did as far as upgrades" And he didn't even drive the truck before he upgraded. And did upgrades that were pointless.

Because he had to do more upgrades. Because of all the other crap he did to it.🤣🤣🤣 And then only posts a oic of the X with the body on. I mean if I spen all that $$ on the X. I would be maken videos and posting pics of all the upgrades personally. I did to it. Not just one of it sitting there with body on. Makes one think what's really under the hood you know...🤔🤔🤔

That's why I went off and posted a novel... All the reviews on line about the X. Is from when it first came out 6yrs ago. Got to look at the dates that the reviews were posted. There really isnt any new reviews in past yr or so. I can list potential problems about the X.. But all the problems are different to each person's use of the Truck. And what they want to do with it and drive it..No matter what or who's got it.

TRAXXAS electronics suck period.. IMHO. I had one issue with the esc over heating and it shut down. But that's really my fault. Because I was running on the beach in sand. Doing speed runs the first time I ran it. But after that never had issues again with that.

Because I knew not to do speed runs in sand🤣🤣🤣. The handling of it really isn't bad for the size of it.. I have videos on YT. With jump crashes power slides 180 turns. I don't try to turn at full throttle. Your just asking for it to roll over. Plus there's a bracket in the bulkhead. That allows you to change the stance a little bit to help with chassis roll for cornering..

There's alot that can be done to it just like every other RC. I wouldn't upgrade anything until I drove it. If your a basher or like to send off big jumps. I would get a spare set of A arms , the RPM rear hubs, thicker shock oil I got 60wt. And VG racing stiffer shock springs. And also a got the T-bone racing chassis plate.

Not just skid plates. I have pics if it in the wrenching thread in here. I Love the VG springs got them on a couple of my trucks maxx 3.3 and the T/Emaxx I just built. I don't use the traxxas lipos. I cut off the ID plugs they are useless IMO. Good for beginners that's it. I have XT-90s on it..

I will be ordering the HD Aarms. And some other things. I've beat the pics out of it and also air it out. But again no problem haven't broke any hubs or A arms or anything. And slowly upgrading as i go and have the $$ to do so... A ND I also really want the Kra8. It would have to be the (EXB).

But hesitant because I'm not a big fan of all the aluminum parts. Just puts the stress on other parts. And pushes the break point on to something else.. sorry to ramble on sir.. I hope I was able to explain my self a little better for ya bud.. don't work to hard. And it's FRIDAY BUDDY YEAH MAN!!!! 👍👍👍

Yes sir but like you said. Your going to get it and upgrades as 💩 happens. I completely understand your research into it... But as you know there's thousands of different ways to upgrade these RCs cars/trucks. I do it to them all the time..

Sorry but I didn't like what and how he said and what he said. "If I really wanted to enjoy and bring out the full potential of the X. I had to start where he did. And with what he did as far as upgrades" And he didn't even drive the truck before he upgraded. And did upgrades that were pointless.

Because he had to do more upgrades. Because of all the other crap he did to it.🤣🤣🤣 And then only posts a oic of the X with the body on. I mean if I spen all that $$ on the X. I would be maken videos and posting pics of all the upgrades personally. I did to it. Not just one of it sitting there with body on. Makes one think what's really under the hood you know...🤔🤔🤔

That's why I went off and posted a novel... All the reviews on line about the X. Is from when it first came out 6yrs ago. Got to look at the dates that the reviews were posted. There really isnt any new reviews in past yr or so. I can list potential problems about the X.. But all the problems are different to each person's use of the Truck. And what they want to do with it and drive it..No matter what or who's got it.

TRAXXAS electronics suck period.. IMHO. I had one issue with the esc over heating and it shut down. But that's really my fault. Because I was running on the beach in sand. Doing speed runs the first time I ran it. But after that never had issues again with that.

Because I knew not to do speed runs in sand🤣🤣🤣. The handling of it really isn't bad for the size of it.. I have videos on YT. With jump crashes power slides 180 turns. I don't try to turn at full throttle. Your just asking for it to roll over. Plus there's a bracket in the bulkhead. That allows you to change the stance a little bit to help with chassis roll for cornering..

There's alot that can be done to it just like every other RC. I wouldn't upgrade anything until I drove it. If your a basher or like to send off big jumps. I would get a spare set of A arms , the RPM rear hubs, thicker shock oil I got 60wt. And VG racing stiffer shock springs. And also a got the T-bone racing chassis plate.

Not just skid plates. I have pics if it in the wrenching thread in here. I Love the VG springs got them on a couple of my trucks maxx 3.3 and the T/Emaxx I just built. I don't use the traxxas lipos. I cut off the ID plugs they are useless IMO. Good for beginners that's it. I have XT-90s on it..

I will be ordering the HD Aarms. And some other things. I've beat the pics out of it and also air it out. But again no problem haven't broke any hubs or A arms or anything. And slowly upgrading as i go and have the $$ to do so... A ND I also really want the Kra8. It would have to be the (EXB).

But hesitant because I'm not a big fan of all the aluminum parts. Just puts the stress on other parts. And pushes the break point on to something else.. sorry to ramble on sir.. I hope I was able to explain my self a little better for ya bud.. don't work to hard. And it's FRIDAY BUDDY YEAH MAN!!!! 👍👍👍

Is all right.....

you are correct, a lot depends on how a person uses there rig they have..... and yes, upgrading/strengthening one aspect of a rig can develop a new 'weak' spot....

I personally find RTR to be - for the mainstream - a good place to start..... I have spoken to several people who have been in RC since the 70's/80's..... RC has come a LONG way.....

Some guys who have done MANY builds suggested to buy rtr and fix/upgrade as I go - - - -it works for me

I understand what you said regarding silky smooth - but it sounds like he had a plan, and he is happy with what he has, so, I won't fault him for that.

There never has been - and never will be - a perfect RC rig.....first, because to build one would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$.....
second.....someone would bash it till it broke (Kevin Talbot, anyone?)
third.....whats perfect for one is not for someone else

Yep, its FRIDAY -

WIFE JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR..... GOTTA GO

Back