Need some help finding a Tx for an old Golden Arrow

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainGrumpus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a old Radio Shack Golden Arrow that needs a radio. Its 27.255mhz. I just want to find a radio that I can use to test the car. Not looking to upgrade it to a 2.4ghz system. Whats the easiest way to do this? Can I just buy a Futaba Magnum and put in a 27mhz crystal?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
No to your question the radio shack crystals where made for radio shack only.I had the same rc type buggy in the 80's swapped out all electronics for modern in 92 I also ended up getting a Tamiya universal motor mount so I could change motors and pinions..good luck on your quest to find a transmitter.if it was me Id just swap it to modern..

No to your question the radio shack crystals where made for radio shack only.I had the same rc type buggy in the 80's swapped out all electronics for modern in 92 I also ended up getting a Tamiya universal motor mount so I could change motors and pinions..good luck on your quest to find a transmitter.if it was me Id just swap it to modern..
Thank you for the info. I’ll probably end up getting a new radio for it but I just wanted to see if there were any other options available.

no getting something to work.the 2.4 is the easiest and cheapest...I always see radios and rx at garage sales around me but other places might have them also.cl marketplace amazon so on..if I remember right you might have to trim rx plugs tab off b4 putting in new rx

The golden arrow had an esc/receiver board in it. It didn't have discrete components like hobby grade RC's. To run it with something new your going to have to gut it and get a proper esc/receiver/transmitter and probably servo for it.

Back