Need LiPO charger info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the money, you can't beat a Thunder AC6 dual power. They charge damn near everything, have a great display, easy to use and are damn inexpensive and you dont need a power supply.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

as you can see basically the same but cheaper

THUNDER DUAL POWER AC680 is a great charger for the price. I have ran this thing for 14 hours continuous charging anything from receiver packs, glow starters and lipos and it never skipped a beat or got even a little bit warm. The only negative on it is the external balance board I'm afraid its going to get broke, but they are cheap enough to have a couple spares on hand

Great. It seemed unanimous, so I went for it. I got the 59 dollar unit since it was an all aluminum case.
I found only one on ebay, and it was $79.

Thanks for your input. Where would I be without this site? I should stop by more often.

---------- Post added at 7:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:42 PM ----------

I just noticed that, other than the name label, it's the exact same unit I linked to.

For the 6s batteries I think you should have bought a better unit Ralph. It appears to be the same charger as my cheapo(1/2 that price) Supermate DC6,just in a different case. If I remember things right,I'll have to hunt my instructions down to explain it correctly, but if that charger is like mine and all the other cheap units,it's only a 50 watt charger. I didn't see the specs to verify it's capacity. Anyway,for the bigger battery it doesn't have enough power to charge as fast and efficient as it should.

Heres the Specs Specs
Operating voltage: DC 11~18 volts
AC in: 100v-240v
50/60Hz
Charge/discharge power: Max. 80/10 Watts
NiCd/MH: 1~15 cells
LiIo/LiPo/LiFe: 1~6 series
Pb: 2~20V
Charge current: 0.1 to 6.0A
Discharge current: 0.1 to 2.0A
No. Of cycle: 1 to 5 times
Battery data memory: Up to 5 data

Here's the info from the shipping email I just got:

AC 680 Professional Intelligent Dual Power Multifunction Digital Balance Charger 80 Watt 10A for NICD/Lithium/PB Batteries w/ AC Power Adapter

Other than the 2 and 3S chargers that came with the other helis, I don't know much about LiPo chargers. After checking it out after I ordered, I was happy to see it was an 80W unit.
There seem to be several versions of this same unit in a plastic case with different name plates.

Brown showed up with this today...

ch11.jpg

What are the accessories on the left and right used for? The one on the left has what looks like a transistor sealed on the end, no connection. The circuit board on the one on the right has no explanation in the Chinese translation user guide.

thats alot more crap than I got with my lipo charger.
mine had two set of wires. One with gator clips for power, and one set to plug in the battery pack.
more $ = more cool wires to play with

Power cord on top, squid on the left, 3 to 7 cell connector on the bottom, and I also don't know what the USB cord is for.

USB is for some sort of computer analysis thingy I tried using it couldnt get it to run . The other cord with the transistor looking thing is a thermal couple you can monitor temps. with while charging....but you must turn it on the charging options it will cut the charger out if the batteries get to warm while charging

Good info, and it said it was not included. I thought that might have been what it was.
The circuit board on the right plugs into the USB cable. You then plug the other end of the board into the thermal socket for PC readings of the batts. I can't find a program or download anywhere, and it didn't come with a disk.

Good info, and it said it was not included. I thought that might have been what it was.
The circuit board on the right plugs into the USB cable. You then plug the other end of the board into the thermal socket for PC readings of the batts. I can't find a program or download anywhere, and it didn't come with a disk.

Rolex, I have the disk somewhere. Give me a couple days to find it, and I'll host the download for you.

Back