Need Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xiris

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok i am going to get a electric car because their on sale. This will be my first and only electric car (i like my nitro). Should i get the slash or the E-Revo Electric Monster Truck. There is a big price difference but i want something that will last.

Thanks

-Mark

I think it will depend on 2 things. First is your budget. Can you afford either of them?
Second, what kind of terrain will you be thrashing on? From what I understand, the Slash and the E-Revo are both very durable trucks. But the Slash is a CORR style while the E-Revo is MT style. I expect the E-Revo would be better suited to hacking up bigger, burlier terrain while the Slash would work great on more subtle dirt and grass terrain.
If anyone who owns either can illuminate, that would help.

Were we go drive around there are alot of hills and some rocks

Slash is good on small, loose surfaces or short cut grass. Not for rocky areas. It is waterproof though............ Great for jumps with 3.5" of travel in the suspension, and even better with a slightly wider tire/wheel package.

Owning a couple of nitro-powered Revos, I would recommend the eRevo. It is a great chassis for bashing and is a favorite of a lot of MT racers.:D

Both are great trucks but I agree with the others...the E-Revo sounds like it would work out better with the terrain you will be running.

Another truck that I would consider is the Traxxas Summit, but they aren't available yet.

Both are great trucks but I agree with the others...the E-Revo sounds like it would work out better with the terrain you will be running.

Another truck that I would consider is the Traxxas Summit, but they aren't available yet.

+1 on the Summit! Can't wait for it to come out!

As much as I love my Slash I would have to recommend the E-Revo for your terrain. Good luck and let us know what direction you go in!

Thanks for your help guys.

I think I'm going to get myself the ERevo.

I got my grandpa the Slash so he could drive it around his yard and his friends dirt field.

Thanks again,

-Mark

being a revo owner, i love the revo alot as a nitro. but making it electric is a great idea. if you looking to have some fun on the street, track, or just out bashing. the ERevo would be the truck of choice IMO