need help with RC18 Connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just bought an RC18B today. I got a good bit of cash for my birthday, and this was one of those things that I've been wanting but wouldn't spend the money from RC budget on it, since I have more important things to buy. I like to use my birthday money for stuff I wouldn't normally buy, so I though this was a good present,

Anyway, I bought an RC18B that is almost new, but the guy had it on in the living room when he got it, and it caught some interference. He didn't know it, but it was getting a throttle signal under the couch and it got VERY overheated. Associated sent him a brand new ESC, so I got a realy good deal on it because of what happened, and it comes with a new ESC just in case that one burnt up. I'm going to be ordering a mamba in a few days, but I would still like to have the stock setup that worked. When it got hot, the connection between the battery and the ESC melted together. My question is, what kind of connector does the RC18B use, so that I can order some more today and fix the problem when it gets here.

I think it's an HPI style mini connector.

I would just switch to Deans though if you're gonna go brushless. I'm sure the Deans mini's would work fine although I use Deans Ultra on everything.

I will definitely be using Deans Ultra on the brushless setup. I want to get the stock setup in working condition though, before I put the brushless in. I'm probably going to wait until I beef up the drivetrain for the brushless, and I want to be able to run it some with the stock setup. Also, I may sell it when I get the brushless, so I want the parts to interchange with other stock parts.

Thank you so much Lessen. I just bought the Mini T that MattyFats was selling. I've been wanting to get some 1/18th scale stuff to run here at the home track in the evening when I only have a few minutes, so I decided to use some of my birthday money for that. Anything you would reccomend that I add to it for durability that hasn't been done yet?

Well, the front/lower bulk and foward cap are available in aluminum from a couple different MFRs I believe. The only aluminum parts on my Mini Slider are rear hubs and front end.

change to deans anyway.....make it compatible with your stuff first worry about selling it later....besides you can always keep the stock plug and send it or swap it before you sell it.....

Yeap plaid, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. I have plenty of deans from my other stuff, and it sure will make charging a lot easier. I usually sell my stuff cheap to help out whoever I feel really NEEDS the help, so it's not going to make a huge difference. Thanks for the help.

Back