need help with my tires...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niffken

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
zap ca glue will not work. The tires keep comming off the rims. I glued both the inside and the outside of the rim. I need to glue every other day now. Any suggestions?

Make sure that the rim is extremely clean of all oils and dirt. Then take a fine grain sandpaper and rough up the inside of the bead where you plan on applying the glue. Apply the glue; then set the tire. Make sure you let the glue set up for at least 30 minutes prior to any use of the tires.

What tires and wheels? Are they chrome plated? Did ya remember to scrape the chrome plating off the bead? Did ya wash everything?

Am I asking really annoying questions?????????

If all else fails, try a different CA.

You have to wipe all the Manufacturing oil off of the tire and wheels. I use DA.

Originally posted by Candyman
What tires and wheels? Are they chrome plated? Did ya remember to scrape the chrome plating off the bead? Did ya wash everything?

Am I asking really annoying questions?????????

If all else fails, try a different CA.

good questions lead to good answers!!!!

Soooo...what's the good answer? Did we help figure it out yet?

Also which Zap are you using, I prefer the thick over the thin, it seems to hold much better. I have not had any problems with the thick.

Check the air pressure. About 35lbs should get it

Back