Need help to with glow plug thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lian

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I own a Hobao hyper ss it uses turbo glow plugs (as much as I know on that) I need to get a new thread for it as it sits in abit wonky and allows tiny amounts of fuel out.
I’ve seen a breakdown of the engine noticed the thread is in a plate between the block and head was wondering is anyone can help me with the size thread I need and offer any knowledge of changing them thank you (been putting it to the side for a while need to get her out and give her a rip)

if gp is wobbly in the threaded hole then it needs to be reduced in size.id unbolt the head and use a center punch to reduce the hole diameter. also might need a chunk of harden steel as a anvil...

At this point buy a new one. The best result will come from filling the hole (welding), drilling, and tapping out new threads. This is a lot of time and effort on a relatively inexpensive part.

So I own a Hobao hyper ss it uses turbo glow plugs (as much as I know on that) I need to get a new thread for it as it sits in abit wonky and allows tiny amounts of fuel out.
I’ve seen a breakdown of the engine noticed the thread is in a plate between the block and head was wondering is anyone can help me with the size thread I need and offer any knowledge of changing them thank you (been putting it to the side for a while need to get her out and give her a rip)
At this point buy a new one. The best result will come from filling the hole (welding), drilling, and tapping out new threads. This is a lot of time and effort on a relatively inexpensive part.

Quote Reply

And i believe the part you are referring to is the cylinder head button.

Buy a new one meaning that middle plate? But yeah I don’t wanna repair any parts just replace them fully

And i believe the part you are referring to is the cylinder head button.
Cylinder head button ???? Thank you so much didn’t think this post would even go noticed live the size of this community

Cylinder head button ???? Thank you so much didn’t think this post would even go noticed live the size of this community
Always glad to help. Good luck and have fun buddy!

Back