Need Help Sourcing a Drone LiPo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I need to find a replacement battery for a friend's drone. The current battery is toast, and needs replaced. The drone is a Promark P70. The battery is a 2s LiPo, 2000mAh (a lesser size will be fine), and measures 80mm long x35mm wide x19mm height. The only batteries I have found are actually listed "for this P70 drone", and are ridiculously priced. So I am trying to find something that will fit that is a better option.The battery has an HXT 3.5mm banana connector on it like this one, and I don't really want to take the thing apart just to change the connector, and an adaptor won't fit. So if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I guess if needbe, I can always buy the proper connector and solder it onto the battery 🤔
images.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I will just buy a LiPo and solder the proper connector on it.

I actually think I found some that will work that I already have. The batteries I bought for my sons 1/12 buggies appear to be pretty close. I just need to grab a couple more and solder the proper connector on them. I told the kids grandpa I would keep the batteries here and stored for him.
Nice👍👍👍 that works man

Yeah, I looked there first. They have one that is 36mm wide x 20mm high that is 3000mAh. It may work, but the one that was in it was fairly snug already.
Hobby king has search filters in their lipo section for Height, Width, and Length. I would check there

Hobby king has search filters in their lipo section for Height, Width, and Length. I would check there
I have been looking for something like that. Thanks a bunch!

But I think I actually have a couple batteries already. It is just getting the kid's grandpa to let him bring it back to see before I order the proper connectors to solder onto the battery. I talked to his grandpa on the phone and told him I would get him a battery but maybe he doesn't want help. Oh well. Not gonna beat down his door to help a guy out.

I have been looking for something like that. Thanks a bunch!

But I think I actually have a couple batteries already. It is just getting the kid's grandpa to let him bring it back to see before I order the proper connectors to solder onto the battery. I talked to his grandpa on the phone and told him I would get him a battery but maybe he doesn't want help. Oh well. Not gonna beat down his door to help a guy out.
Can only lead the horse to water can't make him drink any of it though.. if anything like my inlaws or father he will just pop up.. saying I thought you were getting the battery or had one.. LOL🤣🤣

Can only lead the horse to water can't make him drink any of it though.. if anything like my inlaws or father he will just pop up.. saying I thought you were getting the battery or had one.. LOL🤣🤣
Yeah, in which case I will hand him his puffy one back and say "have fun" 😁

I would do the same
I would do the same... sorry here you go I tried.. nothing I can do

I would do the same
I would do the same... sorry here you go I tried.. nothing I can do
I don't think the guy flys it tbh. The kid said they only flew it once. He probably got scared. It has brushless motors and like 7" props on it.

I don't think the guy flys it tbh. The kid said they only flew it once. He probably got scared. It has brushless motors and like 7" props on it.
Oh man yeah buddy.. sure he did .. that's awesome

Back