Need help please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damraasch

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to surprise my son and rebuild his old duratrax evader st. Got everything done except I can't find a spur gear part number dtxc7402. If anyone has one laying around I'd love to buy it from you.

The Duratrax Evader was rebranded from the same molds as the Losi XXT, though the quality of plastic from Duratrax is no where near the same quality from Losi... it was very common for folks to buy as many Losi parts as they could to improve their Evaders where folks would start to call them "Duratrash"

Anyway, not trying to be insulting, just trying to give fair warning that just about everything imaginable on the Evader was fragile. At one point I owned 5 of them just to have plenty of spares because they used to offer free replacement parts, however it would sometimes take 3+ months to get my spares from them and I bought used cars to get parts because they were always out of stock :(

I personally wouldn't put too much effort into it at this point and start shopping around for a suitable replacement which would be a quality brand that isn't discontinued or based on a dated design.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I don't know. I put a quantity of 120 of those gears in cart... surely they don't have that many. Also, if you wait, and count all the pop ups of all the people buying the parts that you looked at... by the end of the day the shop should be sold out. And then reading the "About Us"
1710775823243.png

⛳⛳
That site would be a no-go for me. 🤷‍♂️

I use scam advisor for any sites I want to check out.
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/redcatpartssales.com

If you look at the analysis, you will typically see this exact same scenario on scam websites who will take your money for an RC car, and ship you a cheap plastic 1/64 toy car or something just as dumb, just so they can show a completed delivery. Based on this analysis, I would bet money this is a scam website.
Screenshot_20240318_121600.jpg

Looking to surprise my son and rebuild his old duratrax evader st. Got everything done except I can't find a spur gear part number dtxc7402. If anyone has one laying around I'd love to buy it from you.
I got out of the Evader ST scene when part profit margins were very good. Long story short: I don't know how else to say it, but if you don't have a parts supply to keep the Evader platform "afloat", and after you get tired of searching for the diff gear, and come up with something/nothing... I'd sell the Evader as a parts car for someone else to scavenge off of. Use that money towards a newer RC platform that your son can enjoy for a long time.