need help - Lipo question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so as part of the vorza buggy i picked up last month it came with 2 3 cell Turnigy 5.0 matched 5000mah 25-35c lipos and i think one of them just took a dump on me but i'm not sure.

here is some background to help...when i got the batteries i put them on my Hyperion EOS 0619i Duo to verify the charge level. seeing they were not at 5000mah i slow charged them at 2.5 until the charger said they were full. i ran the buggy for about 15 minutes and then set them and buggy aside for about 5 days. Charged them again, ran for 3 minutes and then had to put them aside for a week. i did disconnect them.

today i went to run the buggy and it moved about 10 feet and died. i put my astro blinky on the packs and 1 pack is showing 3 cells and the 2 pack is only showing 2 cells. not thinking much about it, i put the 2nd pack on my charger and when i hit start it started blinking <2 cells> and would not let me change the cell count or charge it. the pack is not swollen or puffed.

is my pack toast? can i run it as a 2 cell? neither pack is actually marked as 2 or 3 cell but the hyperion works fine with the other pack...

thanks for the help

your voltage is lower so the charger is seeing only 2 cells. charge them with the charger showing 2s VERY slowly and then when the voltage comes up some reset the charger. It should then pick up as 3s but make sure you balance charge them when you do this.

It worked on my charger when i left mine dead and plugged in like a dumba$%

I'm not sure about that^, but it's worth a try. Just keep a close eye on things while charging.

yeah....i'm a bit put off trying to charge it.
any one else have an idea on why it only shows 2 cells VS the 3 it started with.

I'm not sure about that^, but it's worth a try. Just keep a close eye on things while charging.

yeah....i'm a bit put off trying to charge it.
any one else have an idea on why it only shows 2 cells VS the 3 it started with.

my charger works the same way, i tell it 3 cells it tries to read how many cells are there and from what i can tell it only goes by voltage. I input 3 cells on my charger it came up with 2. As I said, I ran my pack to the shut off and then forgot to unplug it and left it over night. So I slow charged it at 2s instead of 3 just enough to bump the voltage back up and when i restarted it, I input 3 cells and it found 3 cells. Been using it with no problems ever since. If you're put off by charging it then whats it gonna hurt to try? If you're worried charge it outside.