Need help identifying these.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just got these in a deal with a savage xl. That was easily identified. These two remain a mystery. The yellow is fully upgraded with aluminum arms and the whole nine. The other looks like it has monster truck tires but looks buggyish

I identified one of them as a redcat earthquake 3.5. The only one left has a yellow truggy body. Has all aluminum upgrades. I can't identify more than that as it has no motor or other markings. If I can find a way to post a picture I will

the box you type what you want to say in its between the paper clip and smiley face 1 or Ctrl+P

If your new to Rc nitro, You can buy Losi 8ight 2.0 or newer Its incredibly Cheap and good for racing.
Hope I helped

Thanks to everyone for their help. I believe it to be the hot bodies lightning. On the electronics box it has hot bodies on it. Not sure what I will do with it at this point. I'm having trouble finding rear shocks for it. It seems that's all that's needed to get it to hold it's own weight. Might clean it and make it a shelf queen or might trade it for parts for the savage and the earthquake

That is an old Ofna Force engine ,it does not interchange with the Ofna Hyper 21 engine ,like the starter unit ,it has a different
screw pattern ,that engine should have a blue head ,an is a 4 screw pattern ,I think that I have one of those engines laying around ,
they were a common engine in the Ofna;s1/8 scale buggy class!

That buggy kind of looks like an XTM XT2 but the center supports don't look right. If you determine that it is an XTM do yourself a favor and get rid of it. "IF" you can find parts they are very expensive. Hobbypeople (gone), Aliexpress, Graves RC used to sell XTM stuff.

That is an old Ofna Force engine ,it does not interchange with the Ofna Hyper 21 engine ,like the starter unit ,it has a different
screw pattern ,that engine should have a blue head ,an is a 4 screw pattern ,I think that I have one of those engines laying around ,
they were a common engine in the Ofna;s1/8 scale buggy class!
I think your right about it being the ofna. I found an ofna 28 blue cooling head in the box of parts.

The problem I'm running into is that there are so many parts and screws just dumped into a box that it's going to be nearly impossible to match everything. I have two blocks that look similar but the connecting rod is too long so it bottoms out at bdc