Tmaxx 3.3 help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamnotsmart

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Need help finding whole arm set for front and rear for tmaxx 3.3 in aluminum I recently broke my plastic and want aluminum and not tryna spend 200 I have been finding some for 120 from integy but there all like out of stock and discounted

I would highly advise against aluminum arms, especially on a basher. And especially ones from Integy, which are crap. Aluminum arms (especially Integy ones) will bend as well as transfer a tremendous force on the hingepin area and cause bulkheads to break or bend if using an aluminum bulkhead. Plastic arms will absorb the impact. If you can find RPM arms for it you'll be much better off.

Not only do you not want to use aluminum a-arms, but Integy aluminum is soft junk. Don't waste your money. Look for RPM brand a-arms. tough as nails without the problems of aluminum.

Not only do you not want to use aluminum a-arms, but Integy aluminum is soft junk. Don't waste your money. Look for RPM brand a-arms. tough as nails without the problems of aluminum.
Alright thank you guys dont all the arms work for both side and front and rear?
Thank you but doesn’t the front and rear and both sides just work together like if I bought 2

Thank you but doesn’t the front and rear and both sides just work together like if I bought 2
What should I get aluminum you think in my tmaxx 3.3? Like worth upgrading
I would highly advise against aluminum arms, especially on a basher. And especially ones from Integy, which are crap. Aluminum arms (especially Integy ones) will bend as well as transfer a tremendous force on the hingepin area and cause bulkheads to break or bend if using an aluminum bulkhead. Plastic arms will absorb the impact. If you can find RPM arms for it you'll be much better off.
https://www.rcsuperstore.com/rpm-upper-lower-suspension-arms-2-black-t-maxx-2-5-2-5r-3-3-e-maxx/ these are what I’m talking about won’t these fit either side
IMG_1214.jpeg

What should I get aluminum you think in my tmaxx 3.3? Like worth upgrading

https://www.rcsuperstore.com/rpm-upper-lower-suspension-arms-2-black-t-maxx-2-5-2-5r-3-3-e-maxx/ these are what I’m talking about won’t these fit either side
This is my car right now

You'll have to consult the exploded views and see if both part numbers are the same for front and rear arms. If it is then yes they are interchangeable.

The main two places you dont want metal on an RC are the arms and the spur gear. Other than that, its pretty much fair game imo.

Since those arms don't list right, left, front, or rear I am going to assume they fit any corner of the truck.

You'll have to consult the exploded views and see if both part numbers are the same for front and rear arms. If it is then yes they are interchangeable.

The main two places you dont want metal on an RC are the arms and the spur gear. Other than that, its pretty much fair game imo.
Oh lmao why not a metal spur gear I only use metal bc the plastic strips and is there anything good I should upgrade tho? And I have another question for a diffrent car if you don’t mind me asking wouldn’t a 3.3 engine mount right up to where an old 2.5. Engine was just what would I need to hook up to a rustler 2.5

Oh lmao why not a metal spur gear I only use metal bc the plastic strips and is there anything good I should upgrade tho? And I have another question for a diffrent car if you don’t mind me asking wouldn’t a 3.3 engine mount right up to where an old 2.5. Engine was just what would I need to hook up to a rustler 2.5
Generally speaking a 3.3 and a 2.5 are both going to be small block engines so they should be swappable. Just make sure the carb type and exhaust port match.

As for the metal spur, the whole idea behind using plastic spurs and a-arms is because these are selective failure points. Meaning, if you have an unseen issue or a wreck, you will be more likely to break those cheap and easy to replace parts instead of something more expensive and harder to replace. In the case of arms you also have to take into account that a-arms take a lot of abuse is wrecks and aluminum arms won't give so while they may be stronger and hold up fine for smaller wrecks the nastier wrecks you will eventually bend those arms, and you won't be able to straighten them. Also, the metal arms will transfer much more energy in to bulkheads, shock towers etc. causing more damage to them as well. As for the spur, let's say you're running a plastic spur, which will generally hold up just fine given no other issues are present in the drive line. If you develop an issue in your drive line, like a couple of partially seized bearings, then that will cause the spur to heat up and melt. A cheap and easy fix. If you're running a metal spur and that happens, then you keep running until something inside the tranny or drive line grenades. Much more expensive and time-consuming to fix now. Hope this helps.

Generally speaking a 3.3 and a 2.5 are both going to be small block engines so they should be swappable. Just make sure the carb type and exhaust port match.

As for the metal spur, the whole idea behind using plastic spurs and a-arms is because these are selective failure points. Meaning, if you have an unseen issue or a wreck, you will be more likely to break those cheap and easy to replace parts instead of something more expensive and harder to replace. In the case of arms you also have to take into account that a-arms take a lot of abuse is wrecks and aluminum arms won't give so while they may be stronger and hold up fine for smaller wrecks the nastier wrecks you will eventually bend those arms, and you won't be able to straighten them. Also, the metal arms will transfer much more energy in to bulkheads, shock towers etc. causing more damage to them as well. As for the spur, let's say you're running a plastic spur, which will generally hold up just fine given no other issues are present in the drive line. If you develop an issue in your drive line, like a couple of partially seized bearings, then that will cause the spur to heat up and melt. A cheap and easy fix. If you're running a metal spur and that happens, then you keep running until something inside the tranny or drive line grenades. Much more expensive and time-consuming to fix now. Hope this helps.
Thank you I’m running the dynamite .19 in my tmaxx 3.3 but i wanna get a 3.3 for my nitro rustler wouldn’t it pretty much just be a jato 3.3?
Thank you I’m running the dynamite .19 in my tmaxx 3.3 but i wanna get a 3.3 for my nitro rustler wouldn’t it pretty much just be a jato 3.3?
I have recently got the revo 3.3 and still need to break it in just it’s so cold lol I haven’t actually used a 3.3 engine before bc I bought my tmaxx 3.3 with a dynamite .19

I run metal spurs from time to time. 3 of my kits currently run a metal spur. If the driveline encounters a problem, that is what the slipper clutch is for.

I have recently got the revo 3.3 and still need to break it in just it’s so cold lol I haven’t actually used a 3.3 engine before bc I bought my tmaxx 3.3 with a dynamite .19
I wouldn't buy a new 3.3 engine or even a free one.

Put another .19 dynamite in your rusty. It'll last 7-8 gallons. A 3.3 traxxas engine is about a .19

I had the same set up, but this was 13 years ago or so.

Picture374.jpg

Had a Picco .26 in it too.
xmas2010003.jpg

Fun MT's for sure! Especially when you go 1/2 offset TRUGGY tires. She was wider than length and rode on rails in corners lol.

https://m.traxxas.com/products/models/nitro/tmaxx33-tsm?t=accessories

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/tmaxx33.html
Since those arms don't list right, left, front, or rear I am going to assume they fit any corner of the truck.
they have top set and bottom set. You can mix and match corners but not levels so to speak. Looking at my 2.5 right now.

I would stay with those aluminum parts. Engine and servo mounts, hexes and spline wheel adapters etc. They also make aluminum bulkheads but I'd be afraid of bending or breaking those or the chassis since both are aluminum.

Back in the day there was tons of aluminum and titanium parts but those seem to be discontinued and some of those brands have even went under. Robinson racing used to make all kinds if gears for it.

As for a rustler to jato...... that rustler is from 96 or so.

The jato is from 2005 or so and has a 2 speed tranny, sway bars, and probably a lower cog. Other than that it's the same car basically.

Need help finding whole arm set for front and rear for tmaxx 3.3 in aluminum I recently broke my plastic and want aluminum and not tryna spend 200 I have been finding some for 120 from integy but there all like out of stock and discounted
Whats up bud. The aluminum
A-arms will break just as fast as the plastic ones. Especially integy parts. Very soft aluminum. Unless you pla. On maken it a shelf queen

Pick up some RPM A arms. I run them on all my Traxxas Tmaxx and Emaxx trucks. You won't be disappointed with them

https://m.traxxas.com/products/models/nitro/tmaxx33-tsm?t=accessories

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/tmaxx33.html

they have top set and bottom set. You can mix and match corners but not levels so to speak. Looking at my 2.5 right now.

I would stay with those aluminum parts. Engine and servo mounts, hexes and spline wheel adapters etc. They also make aluminum bulkheads but I'd be afraid of bending or breaking those or the chassis since both are aluminum.

Back in the day there was tons of aluminum and titanium parts but those seem to be discontinued and some of those brands have even went under. Robinson racing used to make all kinds if gears for it.

As for a rustler to jato...... that rustler is from 96 or so.

The jato is from 2005 or so and has a 2 speed tranny, sway bars, and probably a lower cog. Other than that it's the same car basically.
With that top link how do I add it to a cart or something
Isn’t that the metal tranny gears are those worth getting bc I also just got a new transmission and don’t like the plastic gears

Isn’t that the metal tranny gears are those worth getting bc I also just got a new transmission and don’t like the plastic gears
With the power you'll be putting through that trans, there is nothing to worry about in the plastic gearing dept. As mentioned before, you want that point of breaking on a cheap $3 part like a plastic spur gear.

With the power you'll be putting through that trans, there is nothing to worry about in the plastic gearing dept. As mentioned before, you want that point of breaking on a cheap $3 part like a plastic spur gear.
Okay thank you just I wanna upgrade the shocks is there any good aluminum shocks bc when I broke my arm I shock broke too idk if aluminum shocks are worth getting are they? Or should I just keep stock bc I can get the stock ones for 8 for 20 bucks

Okay thank you just I wanna upgrade the shocks is there any good aluminum shocks bc when I broke my arm I shock broke too idk if aluminum shocks are worth getting are they? Or should I just keep stock bc I can get the stock ones for 8 for 20 bucks
Aluminum shocks on that thing will cost ya a small fortune using 8 and IMO not worth it. Will they make it ride smoother, maybe but it's a MT, not a race truck. Not my truck tho, spend how you wish;)

Aluminum shocks on that thing will cost ya a small fortune using 8 and IMO not worth it. Will they make it ride smoother, maybe but it's a MT, not a race truck. Not my truck tho, spend how you wish;)
Tbh I wanna get upgrades for my revo 3.3 is there anything good for those? It’s brand new

Buy RPM arms in bulkheads they work out great