Need help figuring out adapters for battery chargers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckynet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the electric RC world, i came from the old days where they ran on fuel!
I have this charger ISDT D2 Smart Balance Charger 12A, 200W, for 1-6S batteries
now I'm trying to charge this battery superpa x 3s 11.1v 2200mah
but the plugs dont match up, I'm betting there is ana adpater for this?????
thanks for your help with my first post
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG

The blue one is a female EC3. Possibly an EC5, but it looks too small for an EC5. Pics of the blue connector next to the yellow connector will verify this. The charger uses male XT60's. Looks like you need a male EC3 to female XT60 cable...

BDHI 4pcs Male EC3 to Female XT60 XT-60 Connector Adapter Converter Cable 14awg 2in(B112-4) https://a.co/d/h7YUT7x

I like using balance lead extensions as well, mainly to keep from wearing out the balance connector on the charger from plugging different cables in. But some batteries have really short balance leads, making them a pain to plug directly into the charger, so balance extensions solve this...

SoloGood 10 PCS JST-XH 2S/3S/4S/5S/6S Battery Balance Plug Extension Lead 22AWG Silicone Wire Balance Leads Extension Cable for LiPo Batteries Balance Charging(Each Size 2pcs) https://a.co/d/9fQpSs4

Or, if you want to use just one balance cable for all your batteries (remember - the plugging in of lots of cables can wear out the balance port), you can just get a 6s balance extension cable and remove the tab like this. Then just leave it plugged in forever...
20230208_115235.jpg

Then you can plug any 2s-6s battery into it. Just make sure you have the red wires on the same side, and plug into the side of the cable farthest from the positive lead, just like you do on your charger. Like this...
20230208_115501.jpg

Last edited:
The blue one is a female EC3. Possibly an EC5, but it looks too small for an EC5. Pics of the blue connector next to the yellow connector will verify this. The charger uses male XT60's. Looks like you need a male EC3 to female XT60 cable...

BDHI 4pcs Male EC3 to Female XT60 XT-60 Connector Adapter Converter Cable 14awg 2in(B112-4) https://a.co/d/h7YUT7x

I like using balance lead extensions as well. Some batteries have really short balance leads...

SoloGood 10 PCS JST-XH 2S/3S/4S/5S/6S Battery Balance Plug Extension Lead 22AWG Silicone Wire Balance Leads Extension Cable for LiPo Batteries Balance Charging(Each Size 2pcs) https://a.co/d/9fQpSs4

Or, if you want to use just one balance cable for all your batteries, you can remove the tab on a 6s cable like this...
View attachment 162190

Then you can plug any 2s-6s battery into it. Just make sure you have the red wires on the same side, and plug into the side of the cable farthest from the positive lead, just like you do on your charger. Like this...
View attachment 162191
thanks for the super fast reply you guys are great!
heres the picture

IMG_0088.JPG

thanks for the super fast reply you guys are great!
heres the picture

View attachment 162192
Yeah, it even says EC3 on it 😉

Any other questions, feel free to ask! Make sure you know about LiPo care if that's what you are using. Just assuming you are kinda new, so that is one thing that we tend to stress here.

Hello I'm new to the electric RC world, i came from the old days where they ran on fuel!
I have this charger ISDT D2 Smart Balance Charger 12A, 200W, for 1-6S batteries
now I'm trying to charge this battery superpa x 3s 11.1v 2200mah
but the plugs dont match up, I'm betting there is ana adpater for this?????
thanks for your help with my first postView attachment 162187View attachment 162188
Amazon they sell a charger with all kinds of adapters

Back