need advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedryan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi, I'm new to rc nitro an I'm looking to get my 1st rc, obvioesly 2nd hand an iv come across a VRX 1 nitro buggy. would be grateful if someone could tell me what they are like an should i get one? I'm also interested in either a HPI SAVAGE X or a TAMIYA NITRAGE 5.2, what should i go for.... thanks.:\

or even advise me what they think is the best rc

Last edited:
I have never driven any of them. I have heard great things about the Savage's. as far as the buggy and the Tamiya that you listed I have know ideas. But I know there are a lot of people here that own savage's.

ok thanks, ye iv heard alot about the savage an there aways seem to be alot of spares for them witch is good. just dont want to rush into it

A lot depends what you plan to do with it. If your looking to race your going to want a buggy for backyard bashing Id go with the savage out of your list. I like the Tmaxx myself but I've heard the savage is much more durable.

i'm looking into savage, as well. they seem to be one of the best bangs for your buck.

I'm wanting to use it on rough ground but i want it to be quite speedy aswell but I'm prob just bin greedy lol. what sort of speed dose a basic savage do?

if i got the basic 1 what mods would u advise me to get to speed it up an make it more durable?

Id go with a savage for rough terrain bashing, Stock they do probably about 35-40MPH aas do most Monster trucks but its faster than it probably sounds.....these are scale models after all. :) I would upgrade whatever parts break more than 2 or 3 times. Over all though the savage is pretty durable right out of the box.

Yeah go for the savage for durability and availability of spares parts and hop ups, for your first rc I think that's best. Don't worry about speed for your first rc.