Ned gets another cat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a nice cat named Louie, He helps out a lot when I do things but he wont crawl.
2021060606083162-546585657289580199-IMG_3662_HEIC-M.jpg

So I got a Redcat E10 today. I just took 4 pens apart for the springs. I ordered an Integy cage for it and have a few other parts coming. In spite of the sticker on the esc the guy at the shop said it wont catch on fire on 3s. Waiting for some connectors for the esc and a charging cable. I have a battery coming too.

Should be a fun project for the winter.

Louie looks like a good hobby cat, it's good that he helps keep the packaging in place. Look forward to seeing pics of the E10.

Last edited:
1st pic. Shocks have the pen spring mod and Losi 30wt oil. I also removed the steering bump stops.
IMG_4143-M.jpg

I decided not to cut the foams. After feeling the body of the tires after removing them I dont think it would do anything much. Some people remove every other tread block but I think I will see what I can find first. Practicing my crawler stance pics.
IMG_4146-M.jpg

Louie wants to know where it came from. The box smells interesting.
IMG_4144-M.jpg

IMG_4145-M.jpg

The traditional Everest 10 hunched up look is gone.
IMG_4147-M.jpg
1636910741528.jpeg

At the shop they remove the spring perches on the shocks to display them so they don't look funny and hooved up.

Last edited:
Presto Chango
IMG_4151-M.jpg

IMG_4152-M.jpg

I installed the Integy 2.2 cage and made a roof to stick the electronics to the bottom of. I may make some more panels but that's it for today.

Last edited:
I made 2 parts but none of the original has been changed. I can put it back if I want too.

I have a nice cat named Louie, He helps out a lot when I do things but he wont crawl.
2021060606083162-546585657289580199-IMG_3662_HEIC-M.jpg

So I got a Redcat E10 today. I just took 4 pens apart for the springs. I ordered an Integy cage for it and have a few other parts coming. In spite of the sticker on the esc the guy at the shop said it wont catch on fire on 3s. Waiting for some connectors for the esc and a charging cable. I have a battery coming too.

Should be a fun project for the winter.
What are you building there? Kinda looks like a stand for something large, or an excercise machine. Louie looks like a nice cat, must be nice to have someone to keep you company when wrenching! I've heard that some electronics can be overvolted a cell, you just need to keep an eye on the temps (a heatsink and/or fan will help lots), and you don't want to put excessive strain on the electronics. Oh, right, the E10 is a crawler, so you should be good, just keep temps and strain down.

I have a winter project too (despite only having one car lol), I have a brushless conversion coming for my Wltoys 144001, already got the pinion and Loctite, waiting for the 2440 4600kv/30a ESC, new motor mount, and the motor screws. I'll probably do a build thread for the brushless conversion, all the parts should be here by Dec 13 (my b-day is Dec 16, I want to get the stuff ready to install by my b-day). Fun fact, this is actually the second year in a row that I've switched the electronics in my 144001 (right now I have a HobbyWing Quicrun 1060 brushed ESC, DumboRC Rx/Tx, and a JX PD1181mg servo). It's gonna rip! Anyway, enough rambling!
Those tires look good! I hope they climb good :)

Hey this box is full of crap....this is NOT a red cat...
View attachment 136667
lol Good one Grey! The cat is like: "Who, me?"

Last edited:
Back