Mystery servo issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This started randomly yesterday when I was out bashing recording a video. I tore it apart and re tightened the on the servo horn screw as it came loose and I thought that’s why. Still didn’t fix it. It turns fine by hand but when I try to use the servo to turn the wheels it doesn’t work. I’m lost. I tore it apart and checked everything yesterday and and idk why it still does this. Any ideas?

Everything moves free and isn’t binding till I turn try to use the steering servo. I completely tore apart and cleaned and re assembled the whole steering linkage and everything to try and fix it and it hasn’t worked.

Edit: better video seems like the servo doesn’t turn straight when it’s on. It turns fine and spins true if I turn with my hand. Idk why. Servo has plenty of power. Imma start taking it apart and see why but if any of you got any suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Last edited:
some thangs you just can't fix by opening it up. replace servo add a servo saver save you the same issue again. servos arent like they used to be which was a hit to the wallet now my spare change jar can cover it

some thangs you just can't fix by opening it up. replace servo add a servo saver save you the same issue again. servos arent like they used to be which was a hit to the wallet now my spare change jar can cover it
Found out the problem the servo horn wasn’t set quite perfectly. Either I messed it up yesterday or it happened when I went out today. Cause it steered sorta fine for like a minute and then died

This started randomly yesterday when I was out bashing recording a video. I tore it apart and re tightened the on the servo horn screw as it came loose and I thought that’s why. Still didn’t fix it. It turns fine by hand but when I try to use the servo to turn the wheels it doesn’t work. I’m lost. I tore it apart and checked everything yesterday and and idk why it still does this. Any ideas?

Everything moves free and isn’t binding till I turn try to use the steering servo. I completely tore apart and cleaned and re assembled the whole steering linkage and everything to try and fix it and it hasn’t worked.

Edit: better video seems like the servo doesn’t turn straight when it’s on. It turns fine and spins true if I turn with my hand. Idk why. Servo has plenty of power. Imma start taking it apart and see why but if any of you got any suggestions I’d love to hear them.
What type or brand of servo? Plastic gears or metal? You can get servos pretty cheap these days. 20-30$$ for a decent one. Probably stripped gears did you ever set the end points on your turning servo? you can turn by hand because your forcing the tie rods to turn the horn not the gears in side. If you do take apart be careful as to what and where you take gears out.
Found out the problem the servo horn wasn’t set quite perfectly. Either I messed it up yesterday or it happened when I went out today. Cause it steered sorta fine for like a minute and then died
Do you have a plastic hub on your servo or a metal hub. Do you have plastic horn or metal. One ?